Arrow artwork from The Wind Waker
|Game(s)||Every game except The Adventure of Link and the Oracle series|
|Use(s)||Ammunition for the Bow|
|Comparable Item(s)||Slingshot Pellets|
The main function of Arrows is piercing objects and enemies from afar. Arrows are a replenishable items, so the Bow will not function without themrrows. The amount of Arrows Link can hold can usually be increased by upgrading the Quiver They can be bought at various Shops, from Business Scrubs, or freely gathered by cutting grass, defeating enemies, or in small Chests scattered around the overworld and Dungeons.
Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess incorporate the use of Arrows in horseback fighting. Enemies like Bulblins ride alongside Link at sporadic and sometimes far intervals where the Sword is not a reliable weapon to use when it comes to such fights. The Arrow, with its long-range capabilities, can sling and force these enemies off of their steeds from afar.
- Main article: Fire Arrow
The Fire Arrow is mostly use for melting ice, lighting torches, and burning wood and spiderwebs. It is also a powerful weapon in battle against enemies such as Anubis. Shooting a standard Arrow through a torch lights the Arrow turning it into a Fire Arrow. This technique can be used in Dungeons before Link obtains the Fire Arrows, or whenever Link has exhausted his Magic Meter.
- Main article: Ice Arrow
The Ice Arrow functions primarily to freeze objects and enemies, In Ocarina of Time it is entirely optional, however, Majora's Mask incorporates it as a required item in the Great Bay Temple, as it is necessary to complete the Dungeon. It also requires the Magic Meter to be used.
- Main article: Silver Arrow
The Silver Arrow is used in The Legend of Zelda and A Link to the Past to defeat Ganon, although they are changed to the Light Arrow in later games. The Silver Arrow is infused with a evil-piercing power that is effective when defeating Ganon furing the ending of many early games. However, even though it is equippable, the Silver Arrow acts like a standard Arrow to all other enemies.
- Main article: Light Arrow
Like the Silver Arrow, the Light Arrow is required to defeat Ganon, but is sometimes used by Princess Zelda instead of Link. These holy Arrows are also infused with evil-brandishing light just like the Master Sword, having equal power against dark beasts. Light Arrows can defeat almost any enemy in one shot in The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap.
- Main article: Bomb Arrow
The Bomb Arrow first appeared in Link's Awakening, although not appearing as an item. It can be used when placing a Bomb and then shooting it with an Arrow. It later appear in Twilight Princess as an alternative option to standard Arrows. It can be used to shoot far enemies and to destroy rocks that are out of reach. Bomb Arrows will also make an appearance in the upcoming Zelda Wii U.
New Arrow Type
Zelda Wii U introduces a new type of Arrow which transforms its tip into a spearhead-like form.
- In The Legend of Zelda, Link does not find Arrows, instead, whenever he shoots an Arrow, one Rupee is lost.
- Four Swords Adventures and Link's Crossbow Training both feature Bows with unlimited Arrows, therefore do not have Arrows as items.
- "You do not have a bow, Brother. You cannot use arrows even if you do buy them!" — Goron Salesman (Twilight Princess)
- "You traded for a Large Quiver! Now you can carry up to 40 arrows!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "You can buy arrows at a shop only if you have a bow. Have you got one, mister?" — Fado (Ocarina of Time)
- "Knock it off! Leave me alone, and I will sell you Arrows! 30 pieces 70 Rupees they are!" — Business Scrub (Ocarina of Time)
- "Set it to (C) to arm your bow with arrows that freeze." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Now you can freeze enemies and objects!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "When Ganon is stunned, give him his last moment with a Silver Arrow! Do you understand, Link?" — Princess Zelda (A Link to the Past)
- "These are the Silver Arrows you need to defeat Ganon!" — N/A (A Link to the Past)
- "I'll try to slow Ganondorf with my light arrows!" — Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
- "Set it to (C) to arm your bow. Aim its sacred light at evil..." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "After setting the Hero's Bow, use [R] on the Items screen to combine them to make bomb arrows." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "And you can combine bombs and arrows to make bomb arrows for when you need ranged explosives!" — Barnes (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|