|Era||Era of Twilight|
Auru is a character in Twilight Princess.
Auru is one of the members of the Resistance, and could be called the oldest out of them. He is fairly knowledgeable about the desert and the evils that it used to house (or, indeed, still does), and appears to have known the sages who guard the Mirror of Twilight at some point; aside from knowing that they once tutored the young Princess Zelda, it was apparently they who first told him of the mirror and its location. It could be inferred that he himself has had links to the Royal Family of Hyrule at some point.
Link first meets up with him in southwestern Lake Hylia at the top of a tall lookout tower. He will tell Link that he believes the evil currently plaguing Hyrule is related to the desert - specifically, the Arbiter's Grounds, a prison formerly used to house "the worst criminals this land (Hyrule) has ever known" and is also, as it happens, the resting place of a cursed mirror supposedly used to send criminals sentenced to death directly to the underworld. Whilst he tells Link that the road leading to the desert is impassable, he helps Link get there through use of Fyer's cannon. The memo he gives Link instructs Fyer to send Link to the desert for free, a request Fyer cannot refuse due to Auru's saving Fyer's life a long time ago. It is in such a way that Link gains access to the Gerudo Desert and, eventually, the Mirror of Twilight. After completion of the Arbiter's Grounds, Auru can be met at any time in Telma's Bar.
- In the Japanese version of Twilight Princess, he was Princess Zelda's tutor.
- Aside from his name bearing a resemblance to Rauru (which could also be said to be on account of his wise and elderly nature), the emblem of the Triforce is visible on the front of his clothing.
- "I am Auru. I am part of the group that Telma kindly allows to meet at her bar." — Auru (Twilight Princess)
- "You do know, don't you, Master Link? The Gerudo Desert once held a prison built to hold the worst criminals this land has ever known... The criminals who were sentenced to death were sent directly to the underworld by a cursed mirror that was kept in the prison... Now that prison is condemned, and even the road leading to the desert is impassable. This desert at world's end... It still holds the cursed mirror and the malice of the doomed inmates... These old bones know that the evil currently plaguing Hyrule is related to this wicked place. So I have come to learn the truth..." — Auru (Twilight Princess)
- "Tell me, did you find anything of interest at the Arbiter's Grounds in the desert? The sages... Those sages once served the royal family, actually. They were appointed as tutors to the young Princess Zelda. It was from them that I first heard tales of the accursed mirror in the Arbiter's Grounds." — Auru (Twilight Princess)
- "Listen, honey, if you're puzzled about what you ought to be doing, why not go see our friend Auru? There's a man who knows things! He's out checking the eastern desert of Hyrule. If you need detailed directions, just take a peek at that map on the table. That old codger Auru is at Lake Hylia, studying the desert." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "You see Lake Hylia below us? A man named Fyer runs an amusement ride of sorts there. Give him this. See, long ago, I saved this man Fyer's life, and now he cannot refuse me if I ask a favor." — Auru (Twilight Princess)
- "The truth is, I used to serve the Hyrule Royal Family by being the one appointed to educate Princess Zelda when she was young." — Auru (Japanese Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|