Ballad of the Goddess
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|"Ballad of the Goddess"|
|Learned in||Sealed Temple|
The "Ballad of the Goddess" is a song featured in Skyward Sword. The melody and lyrics of this song have been passed down for generations in Skyloft. The ballad is heard many times throughout the game.
Link learns the song from the old woman in the Sealed Temple after obtaining the Goddess's Harp. The woman tells him that the lyrics of the song can be used to locate the Sacred Flames, which Link must find to strengthen his blade. Link can learn the lyrics from Gaepora, which reveal that the two large windmills in Skyloft must face the Light Tower. Link must then search for the remaining sail to activate the windmills. Once that is done, Link must play the Ballad on top of the tower to reveal a path into Thunderhead and the Isle of Songs contained inside it.
Oh youth, show the two whirling sails the way to the Light Tower...and before you a path shall open, and a heavenly song you shall hear.
Hylian Lyrics (phonetics)
- En daʃeʋu nobe̞ ʃo̞ndʊ,
- tʏe ʃʊtʊ keuænu sale̞
- En daʃeʋu nobe̞ dʊʃʊ,
- tʏe ʃʊtʊ nobe̞ dezu dotʃe̞!
- The Ballad of the Goddess can be heard by reversing the notes of Zelda's Lullaby.
- ↑ "You learned the Ballad of the Goddess! It's a mysterious melody that has been passed down from ancient times." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "The “Ballad of the Goddess." Based on my projections, this is likely the song Zelda sang on the day of the Wing Ceremony." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Clues to finding the sacred flames have been woven into the lyrics of a song precious to your people, the Ballad of the Goddess. These clues are your best hope of finding your way to the flames." — Old woman (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||女神の詩 (Megami no Uta)||Song of the Goddess|
|Spanish||Balada de la Diosa||Ballad of the Goddess|
|Cántico de la Diosa|
|French||Chant de la Déesse||Song of the Goddess|
|German||Hymne der Göttin|
|Italian||Melodia della Dea|