Ballad of the Goddess
|"Ballad of the Goddess"|
|Game(s)|| Skyward Sword|
A Link Between Worlds
|Learned in||Sealed Temple|
The "Ballad of the Goddess" is a song featured in Skyward Sword. The melody and lyrics of this song have been passed down for generations in Skyloft. The Ballad is heard many times throughout the game.
Location and Uses
Link learns the song from the old woman in the Sealed Temple after obtaining the Goddess's Harp. The woman tells him that the lyrics of the song can be used to locate the Sacred Flames, which Link must find to strengthen his blade. Link can learn the lyrics from Gaepora, which reveal that the two large windmills in Skyloft must face the Light Tower. Link must then search for the remaining sail to activate the windmills. Once that is done, Link must play the Ballad on top of the tower to reveal a path into the Thunderhead and the Isle of Songs contained inside it.
After the end credits, Link plays the "Ballad of the Goddess" atop the Statue of the Goddess with the Goddess's Harp.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, the "Ballad of the Goddess" makes a cameo appearance as one of the songs that can be played by the musicians in the Milk Bar in Kakariko Village. The "Ballad of the Goddess" can only be heard while playing Hero Mode.
Oh youth, show the two whirling sails the way to the Light Tower...and before you a path shall open, and a heavenly song you shall hear.
Hylian Lyrics (phonetics)
- /en daʃeʋu nobe̞ ʃo̞ndʊ/
- /tʏe ʃʊtʊ keuænu sale̞/
- /en daʃeʋu nobe̞ dʊʃʊ/
- /tʏe ʃʊtʊ nobe̞ dezu dotʃe̞/
- "Zelda's Lullaby" can be heard by playing the Ballad of the Goddess backwards, and vice versa, although the latter case is somewhat less obvious.
- The "Ballad of the Goddess" was also featured as the 8th track on The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Special Orchestra CD.
The "Ballad of the Goddess" is "Zelda's Lullaby" in reverse
- "You learned the Ballad of the Goddess! It's a mysterious melody that has been passed down from ancient times." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "The "Ballad of the Goddess." Based on my projections, this is likely the song Zelda sang on the day of the Wing Ceremony." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Clues to finding the sacred flames have been woven into the lyrics of a song precious to your people, the Ballad of the Goddess. These clues are your best hope of finding your way to the flames." — Old Woman (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||女神の詩 (Megami no Uta)||Song of the Goddess|
|Spanish||Cántico de la Diosa||Canticle of the Goddess|
|French||Chant de la Déesse||Song of the Goddess|
|German||Hymne der Göttin||Hymn of the Goddess|
|Italian||Melodia della Dea||Melody of the Goddess|