From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Title(s)||Mayor of Ordon Village|
Mayor Bo is a character in Twilight Princess.
Bo is the mayor of Ordon Village and father of Ilia. He is first seen in very beginning of the game, found in front of the mayor's house by the road that leads up to Ordon Ranch. If Link speaks to him on his second or third day, it will trigger a sequence where a goat will come rushing down the road, and Link will have to wrestle it to the side in order to stop it.
Bo becomes instrumental to the Twilight Princess plot as Link reaches the base of Death Mountain after freeing the Light Spirit Eldin from its Twilight bindings in Kakariko Village. The Gorons on Death Mountain are far too brawny for Link to face unaided, for he does not possess enough physical strength to match that of a Goron. Bo teaches Link the secrets of the art of sumo wrestling in his home, and tells him that he defeated the Goron patriarch in his day with a secret: the use of the Iron Boots. As a gift, he gives the boots to Link, which ultimately helps him defeat Gor Coron, a Goron elder, in a sumo wrestling match up on Death Mountain, allowing him entrance into the Goron Mines. Later, when Link speaks to Gor Coron, he will say that it is fortunate that Ilia looks more like her mother instead of Bo.
- Bo and Ilia share many similarities with Talon and Malon, two recurring characters from the Zelda series. As another father/daughter relationship, they both live in proximilty to a farm and live very sedentary lives. Personally, Bo boasts facial hair reminiscient of Talon, and Ilia's love for Epona strongly connects her to Talon's daughter, Malon.
- ↑ "FATHER! How can you be so easy on him? You're the MAYOR!" — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Are you trying to reach the Gorons of Death Mountain? It is far too dangerous, Link! They recognize only strength! A normal person could never persuade them..." — Renado (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Naw, the secret to beatin' the Gorons...is locked away in that chest." — Mayor Bo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "You can probably tell, those boots are made of iron, lad. Whoever wears 'em won't easily be pushed around...even by a Goron. If you're fixin' to fight a Goron, be sure to wear those boots." — Mayor Bo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I must confess, young warrior, I am surprised a lug like Bo could sire such a cute daughter. It is fortunate she resembles her mother so much!" — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|