Bomb Shop Owner
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Bomb Shop Owner|
|First appearance||Ocarina of Time|
|Latest appearance||Majora's Mask|
|Family||Old Lady from Bomb Shop (mother)|
|Counterpart(s)||Bombchu Shop Owner (Ocarina of Time)|
The Clock Town Bomb Shop Owner from Majora's Mask runs his shop in West Clock Town along with his mother. He sells Bomb Bags and Bombs to customers and allows the Goron bomb salesman to sell his Powder Kegs in the store. As he often mentions the fireworks show at the Carnival of Time, it's likely that the Bomb Shop provides them as well.
The Bomb Shop Owner often calls his mother "mommy," and shows concern for her when she returns from procuring Big Bomb Bags by way of North Clock Town, which he says has a bad reputation. If Link doesn't intervene and his mother is robbed by Sakon, the Bomb Shop owner will decide to do the errand himself from then on, rather than risk his mother's safety.
Since his mother says that she and his father used to dream of selling Big Bomb Bags, it's probable that he learned the bomb-making trade from his father. He and his mother also seem to be inventors of sorts, planning a trip to the moon using bomb-powered flight and owning a mask filled with gunpowder, which they may have created themselves.
The Bomb Shop Owner is last seen standing outside his shop with his mother during the ending credits.
- The Bomb Shop Owner apparently planned to use bomb-powered flight to fly to the moon, as can be seen from diagrams and sketches on the walls of the Bomb Shop.
- The tattoos on his arms are similar to the tattoos on the Treasure Chest Game Owner's shoulders from Ocarina of Time and on the Fisherman's from Majora's Mask (who is the Treasure Chest Game Owner terminan counterpart).
- ↑ "..This is just between us, but I have a huge bomb that this shop doesn't even carry." — Goron in the Bomb Shop (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "There'll be a fireworks show on the night before the carnival. You should go see it." — Bomb Shop Owner (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Umm, Mommy... Don't go picking up bomb bags in the middle of the night anymore. It's like asking to be mugged." — Bomb Shop Owner (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I just don't want anything to happen to you, Mommy..." — Bomb Shop Owner (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "And doesn't the North Gate have a reputation for being a dangerous place?" — Bomb Shop Owner (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "From now on, I'll go." — Bomb Shop Owner (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "But it's been our lifelong dream to sell Big Bomb Bags since back in your Daddy's day." — Old Lady from Bomb Shop (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Planned Moon Trip
Experiment Memo: Try using bomb-powered flight" — Sketches (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "The old woman with knowledge of explosives has a dangerous mask filled with gunpowder..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)