|The Bombers' Notebook|
|Cost(s)||Win the Hide & Seek Game (Free)|
|Use(s)||Tracking certain sidequests|
The Bombers' Notebook is an item in Majora's Mask.
Location and Uses
The Bombers' Notebook is given to Link by Jim, the leader of the Bombers, after Link completes their hide and seek test. Link can skip taking the test a second time by using the passcode to enter the path to the Astral Observatory and coming back out. The book contains just enough entries for twenty people. Every person in the book needs to be helped in some way and Link will have to travel back in time multiple times in order to complete each entry. Promises, appointments, and success in helping others are kept track of by means of stickers, which the Bombers' rules insist should not be removed under any circumstances. After an entry is completed, a "happiness seal" is placed next to the entry.
Promise Stickers shaped like exclamation marks are added to the notebook each time Link initially makes a promise or appointment, or each time he initially completes a significant event. Details regarding the promise or event are displayed when the sticker is highlighted. If Link travels back in time after receiving one of these stickers, it will be grayed out until such time that Link makes the promise or completes the task again.
When Link receives an item as a prize or as thanks, a ribbon-shaped sticker or a mask-shaped sticker is added to his notebook. Details regarding the item and the means by which it was earned are displayed when the sticker is highlighted. Though most people Link helps give him either an item, such as a Bottle of Milk, Chateau Romani, or a Piece of Heart, or a mask, there are characters from which Link can receive both an item and a mask. The act of receiving the Bombers' Notebook is also marked by one of these stickers.
When Link completes all available objectives for a certain individual, a Happiness Seal is added to that person's entry. Due to the nature of the problems people are experiencing, certain items or abilities may be required to solve all their issues and receive a Happiness Seal. Therefore, it becomes possible to receive a Happiness Seal for some entries before others. For example, the entry for the Bombers Secret Society of Justice comes with a Happiness Seal when Link receives the notebook, and the entry for the Old Lady from Bomb Shop is available immediately. The entry for Mayor Dotour, on the other hand, cannot be completed until the cycle after Link receives the Couple's Mask from the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest, making it the last available Happiness Seal.
The following people have an entry in the Bombers' Notebook:
|1||Bombers||Secret Society of Justice helping people 24 hours a day.|
|2||Anju||Stock Pot Inn's innkeeper. A courteous woman.|
|3||Kafei||Strange youth seen near Laundry Pool|
|4||Man from Curiosity Shop||Buys and sells stolen goods. Open at night only.|
|5||Old Lady from Bomb Shop||Runs town Bomb Shop. Always open.|
|6||Romani||Young girl living at ranch with sister.|
|7||Cremia||Manager of Romani Ranch. Milk is her specialty.|
|8||Mr. Dotour||Mayor of Clock Town. V.I.P.|
|9||Madame Aroma||The Mayor's Wife. In charge of town performances.|
|10||Toto||Famed manager of The Indigo-Go's|
|11||Gorman||Leader of a traveling troupe. has fine clothes, but a frightful face.|
|12||Postman||Town's postal carrier. A very serious public servant.|
|13||Rosa Sisters||Twin dancers. Members of the Gorman Troupe.|
|14||???||(Person living in the inn's restroom) Details are unknown.|
|15||Anju's Grandmother||Storyteller and grandmother at inn.|
|16||Kamaro||Ghost of a charismatic dancer. Enjoys moonlight.|
|17||Grog||Cucco Shack's breeder. His crest is frightful.|
|18||Gorman Brothers||Horse trainers. Suspicious...|
|19||Shiro||The inconspicuous soldier. He really doesn't stand out.|
|20||Guru-Guru||Musician in the Gorman Troupe|
- "This is the Bombers' Notebook. It contains the words we live by! Read it over!" — Jim (Majora's Mask)
- "You got the Bombers' Notebook! It allows you to keep track of people's schedules." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Nobody but Bombers know that code! So why do you know it? Listen, guy! You're pretty good! You managed to figure out a code that only we know! Now that's something! I like you!" — Jim (Majora's Mask)
- "2. Promise to help them. Mark promises with Promise Stickers. Never be late with fulfilling your promises.
3. Whenever you solve someone's problem, it makes you happy, so a Happy Sticker will be added to your book.
4. No removing stickers! Use Promise Stickers to keep track of people until everyone is happy." — Jim (Majora's Mask)
- "When you're thanked for easing someone's troubles, take note! By helping someone out, you'll receive a happiness seal." — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "People are shown in the left column and their schedule appears in the adjacent row." — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "Blue bars show people's schedules and when notable events occur. Something will happen at the time shown!" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "An exclamation mark is added to your notebook when you make a promise or appointment! Be sure to confirm what you need to do!!" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "When you're thanked for easing someone's troubles, take note! By helping someone out, you'll receive a happiness seal. Try to please everyone!" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Cuaderno de los Bomber||Bombers' Notebook|
|French||Journal des Bombers|
|German||Notizbuch der Bomber|