|Use(s)||Allows wearer to march|
The Bremen Mask is a mask in Majora's Mask. It resembles the face of a bird.
Location and Uses
The Bremen Mask is given to Link by Guru-Guru. It originally belonged to a dog who was leader of an animal troupe. Link receives the Bremen Mask after listening to Guru-Guru's confession about how he stole it. However, Link will need to listen to Guru-Guru's confession on the night of the First or Second Day, since he and the rest of the Gorman Troupe will flee from the town afterwards.
The Bremen Mask allows the wearer to play a marching melody, which makes domestic animals other than cows and horses follow Link, who leads them in a brisk march as he plays his Ocarina. The Bremen Mask can be used in the fight against the Ikana warriors to confuse them and make them march along with Link, rendering them vulnerable. It also makes Cucco chicks grow into adults, which is required to obtain the Bunny Hood.
The mask appears to be named after a Grimm's Fairy Tale titled Town Musicians of Bremen, in which a group of animals (a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster) decide to leave their masters and become traveling musicians.
The mask's Japanese name, ブレー面 (Burē Men), is a pun. Most of the masks in Majora's Mask use the prefix お (O), denoting something as polite, and are thus called お面 (O-Men). The Bremen Mask however is referred to as ブレー面 (Burē-Men). ブレー (Burē) or 無礼 (Burei). meaning "rude," thus translating as "rude mask". This also makes a pun with ブレーメン (Burēmen), Japanese transcription of "Bremen."
- On the second row of the Mask Subscreen, the Keaton Mask (Fox), Bremen Mask (Falco), Bunny Hood (Peppy), Don Gero's Mask (Slippy), and Mask of Scents (Pigma) are said to represent Star Fox characters.
- When played near Cuccos, the "Song of Birds" from Spirit Tracks will produce an effect similar to the Bremen Mask.
- "Dear guest...Long ago, I was in an animal troupe, with dogs and donkeys and such. Why could a...? Why could a...? Why could a man join?!? That's 'cause a man is an animal, too, my boy! They were all great. But there was one thing I didn't like about it... Why was the...? Why was the...? Why was the dog the leader?!? Was it 'cause something was wrong with me, sir??? Oh, that dog was an amazing leader! He always had a stellar troupe no matter what animals he had to work with..." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "That's why I...That's why I... That's why I stole it... The dog's mask. I stole it. I wanted it because it was the leader's mask... But I no longer need it... I give it to my guest." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "The leader was a good instructor. His members matured quickly and they became adults in an instant." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "I don't really get it, but just seein' these guys with a crest and all... I don't have regrets about anythin' anymore. I'm perfectly satisfied. Here...You can have this from me..." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ブレー面 (Burē Men)||Bre Mask|
|Spanish||Careta de Bremen||Mask of Bremen|
|French||Masque de Brême||Mask of Bremen|
|German||Bremer Maske||Bremer's Mask|
|Masks in Majora's Mask|