Clock Town Bank
|Clock Town Bank|
|Item(s)|| Adult's Wallet|
Piece of Heart
|Related place(s)||West Clock Town|
In Majora's Mask, the Clock Town Bank is located in West Clock Town and is open 24 hours a day. It is operated by an enthusiastic character who possesses the ability to recognize Link and his associated balance through a system of "invisible stamping" which operates, it would seem, in a paradoxical (yet convenient) manner. Link uses the services of this bank to his advantage, depositing the Rupees he collects through his adventures in Termina to preserve them for the next cycle (the Rupees left in his wallet are gone forever when he plays the Song of Time to travel back to the First Day). However, the young hero is only able to deposit a maximum of 5,499 Rupees with the Giant Wallet, as once a balance of at least 5,000 Rupees is reached, the Bank will accept no further deposits.
Since playing the Song of Time forces Link to lose all of the Rupees he has thus far accumulated in that three-day cycle, the utility of collecting Rupees after reaching the aforementioned limit is restricted to spending them in shops.
During the night, there is a 4 Rupee service charge on withdrawals. Interest is awarded whenever Link's saving account reaches 1000 Rupees. When 200 Rupees have been deposited, Link is rewarded with a Large Wallet. Once the maximum deposit of 5,000 to 5,499 is achieved, Link is rewarded with a Piece of Heart. Thereafter, he receives 5 Rupees every additional time the limit is reached.
- Behind the Banker and to his left is an inaccessible door. Where it leads is unknown, though it does resemble a vault.
- "What's this? You've already saved up 5000 Rupees?! Well, little guy, I can't take any more deposits. Sorry, but this is all I can give you." — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "...You know, at this time of day there's a 4 Rupee service charge on withdrawals!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "What's this? You've already saved up 1000 Rupees!?! Well, little guy, here's your special gift. Take it! That's what they call interest!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "See! Doesn't it hold more than your old one? Fill it up and bring it all in to deposit!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)