From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Darmani the Third|
Darmani the Third is a principal Goron character in Majora's Mask.
In life, Darmani was a renowned Goron hero. He was considered the greatest warrior of his tribe and possible heir to the Goron throne. But he suffered a terrible accident when he ventured to Snowhead to find and stop the culprit that was causing the devastating winter that threatened his people. On his way to the temple, Darmani was knocked off the path and into the deep valley below by the blizzard caused by Biggoron and he lost his life to the jagged rocks below.
In death, he was doomed to haunt his somber grave in the local graveyard. He is full of regrets and feels sorrow for his people, for Darmani died trying to reach Snowhead Mountain. Link must heal his spirit by playing the Song of Healing to free him from his regrets. Darmani sees visions of when he was a renowned hero and the Gorons cheering him on; Link's face then appears and Darmani decides to leave Link his powers in a Goron Mask, allowing Link to transform into "Goron Link".
When spring returns to Snowhead upon the defeat of Goht, the Goron Elder announces to Link his plans to step down as patriarch of the tribe and hand the position over to Goron Link, whom he has mistaken as Darmani.
- Darmani also appeared to enjoy the Goron Races very much, according to the tribe elder's infant son.
- Darmani resembles Darunia from Ocarina of Time.
- Darmani has a scar on his stomach that is not featured on Goron Link. However, it is visible on the statue left behind when Link plays the Elegy of Emptiness as a Goron. This may be a battle scar, or perhaps the wound from when he fell to his death.
- ↑ "This feels strange for me to say, but when I was alive, I was a renowned warrior and veteran." — Darmani (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "The Goron who makes calm decisions, yet boasts courageous determination and can take care of all shall be the patriarch! The chosen one, Darmani...is you! There could be no other!" — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I was fine until I marched off to Snowhead by myself, hoping that I could drive off a demon. It had been wreaking havoc on Goron Village...Then the blizzard at Snowhead blew me into the valley...And now...Here I am..." — Darmani (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "This time, I, the protector of this tribe for so many years, choose to yield the seat of tribal patriarch to a younger one. The Goron who makes calm decisions, yet boasts courageous determination and can take care of all shall be the patriarch! The chosen one, Darmani...is you! There could be no other! ...What do you think? If it's you, everyone would happily accept you as the patriarch." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "...You used to like racing more than you liked gobbling up a third helping of rock sirloin..." — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ダルマーニ3世 (Darumāni San Sei)|
|French||Darmani le Troisième|