Desert of Mystery
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Desert of Mystery|
|Game(s)||A Link to the Past|
|Other media||A Link to the Past comic|
Average Middle-Aged Man
|Item(s)|| Piece of Heart|
|Related place(s)|| Desert Palace|
Swamp of Evil
The Desert of Mystery is a wide open area filled with cacti. It is the location of the second dungeon in the game, the Desert Palace, which contains the Pendant of Wisdom. The only other features are a few cliffs and caves, one which is the home of Aginah.
On a cliff in, only reachable with the Flute, there is a portal to the Dark World hidden under a rock. This is the only way to enter the Dark World equivalent of the Desert of Mystery, the Swamp of Evil. On another cliff is a tablet where Link can get the Bombos Medallion.
- The Japanese name for the Desert of Mystery (あやしの砂漠) is the same as the Japanese name for the Desert of Doubt in Four Swords Adventures.
- According to The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia on www.zelda.com, the Destert of Mystery is a newer name for the Haunted Wasteland.
- ↑ "I should warn you that traveling in the desert is no simple matter! The fierce winds and shifting sands have buried more able adventurers than you!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 7)
- ↑ "Hey, buddy! I just remembered! I have something that may help! Sahasrahla showed it to me! It's a bird that you can ride on!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 8)
- ↑ "The desert ruins! And this must be ancient Hylian script! The book, the script, the desert... it's just like in the legend!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 11)
- ↑ "Maybe I am the legendary hero after all! I suppose if I look it up in the book, the writing should make sense..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 11)
- ↑ "Hanging on that strange statue! It's the pendant!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 12)
- ↑ "This is hopeless! Its skin is like armor!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 15)
- ↑ "Nice move, ugly! But now you're playing with the Pendant of Power!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 16)
- ↑ "Known as the Haunted Wasteland when Link was a boy, this vast arid expanse in southeastern Hyrule has slowly become known more commonly as the Desert of Mystery." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com
|Locations in A Link to the Past|
|Locations in the Light World||Locations in the Dark World|
Click on a location
Click on a location