|Other media|| Hyrule Warriors|
Hyrule Warriors Legends
|Comparable Item(s)|| Hyoi Pear|
The Dominion Rod is an item in Twilight Princess.
Back when the Oocca still maintained contact with the Royal Family of Hyrule, the Oocca handed down the Dominion Rod, also known as the rod of the heavens. This rod was only to be carried by one known as the messenger to the heavens, and it would be used by the messenger whenever the Royal Family needed to communicate with the Oocca. Along with the Dominion Rod, the Oocca left the Ancient Sky Book with the Sheikah, which was to be given specifically to the heavenly messenger.
Location and Uses
The Dominion Rod is found in the eighth floor of the Temple of Time, obtained after defeating a Darknut. By using the Dominion Rod, Link can bring to life certain statues, causing them to mimic his movements. Pressing the button that the Dominion Rod is set to causes the statue to perform an attack.
There are four types of statues Link can move with the Dominion Rod. The first type are small statuettes in the Temple of Time that are mainly used to weigh down switches. The second type is a much larger statue that holds a hammer, which Link must guide through the Temple to its original position. These statues can attack enemies with their hammers. The third type of statues are gigantic statues found only in one room that Link must use to defeat Armogohma. They are completely stationary, but can attack by slamming a large fist onto the ground. The last type are Owl Statues, the only statues located outside the Temple of Time. They are primarily moved to obtain the missing Sky Characters, or to create platforms for Link to jump on.
Once Link leaves the Temple of Time, the Dominion Rod loses its power. After receiving the Ancient Sky Book containing sky language and giving it to Shad, he will read the text, only to fail to open the path that leads to the heavens. However, the ancient text he reads is a spell which restores power to the Dominion Rod. Link must then travel across Hyrule to various Owl Statues, using the Dominion Rod to move them. Under each one, a Sky Character can be found, which Link needs to acquire to complete the book.
- Along the walls of the Temple of Time, there are carvings depicting what looks to be the Seven Sages. One of the Sages is holding the Dominion Rod.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||コピーロッド (Kopī Roddo)||Copy Rod|
|Spanish||Cetro de dominio||Dominion Scepter|
|French||Bâton Anima||Anima Rod|
|Italian||Scettro del plagio||Scepter of Copying|
- "And, as I have learned, when Ilia was saved, she overheard someone talking about the rod of the heavens, or something like that..." — Renado (Twilight Princess)
- "And that rod of the heavens she mentioned... I'm sure it has something to do with the word that breaks the seal." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- "Among the legends of my clan, there is a story from the time when the Oocca still maintained contact with the royal family. Yes, it said that a mysterious rod was handed down from the people of the sky, and it was called the Dominion Rod... The rod was only to be carried by the messenger to the heavens when the royal family needed to communicate with the Oocca." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "From generation to generation, my ancestors have guarded the book that, by royal decree, was to be given to the messenger to the heavens." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "This amazing rod can infuse ancient statues with life." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "A statue brought to life will move like its master." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "But that thing has been around for quite some time. I can see from here that its magic has been exhausted." — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
- "Power has returned to the Dominion Rod!" — N/A (Twilight Princess)