From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Prior to the events of Twilight Princess, the Dark Interlopers tried to take over the Sacred Realm. Faron, along with Eldin and Lanayru, were asked by the goddesses to intervene, and the Light Spirits sealed away the Interlopers' magic.
Faron is the second spirit Link meets during his journey. As part of Zant's plan to take over Hyrule, the Shadow Beasts were ordered to steal the light of the Spirits, including Faron. Once Link recovers all of the Tears of Light in the Faron Woods, Faron recovers his owers and helps return the young hero to his human form. The spirit then tells Link of the Twilight, the former hero (implied to be Link from Ocarina of Time), and the fact that he is the new hero, having been entrusted by the gods as such.
Later in the game, Faron will assist Link and Zelda in the fight against Ganondorf by granting Zelda the power of the Light Arrows. After Ganondorf is defeated, he will then assist in Midna's transformation back to her real form.
- Faron is possibly based of a monkey, squirrel, or a lemur.
- Faron's name is an obvious reference to Farore.
- The shape of Faron loosely resembles the Kokiri symbol from Ocarina of Time, in the way that it curves around on itself.
- ↑ "Hyrule Castle, located in Lanayru Province, sits at the heart of the world. The provinces known as Lanayru, Faron, Eldin, and Ordona bear the same names as they did in the Era of the Goddess Hylia. They are protected by the Light Spirits who share their names." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 116)
- ↑ "The Surface is divided into three regions. Each region is named after one of the dragons, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, who protect the Sacred Flames." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 74)
- ↑ "It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "My brethren in Hyrule have already had their light stolen by these fell beasts." — Ordona (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "This drape of shadows is called...twilight. In this twilight, those who lived in the light...become as mere spirits...it is a place...where the dark ones and evil creatures dwell..." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "In the land covered in twilight, where people roam as spirits, you were transformed into a blue-eyed beast... That was a sign... It was a sign that the powers of the chosen one rest within you...and that they are awakening. [...] Your name is Link. You are the hero chosen by the gods." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|