Fierce Deity's Mask
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Fierce Deity's Mask|
|Game(s) Present||Majora's Mask|
|MM Properties|| Transforms Link into the Fierce Deity|
(See Fierce Deity Link)
Link can obtain the Fierce Deity's Mask by trading the twenty non-transformation masks to the four Children of the Moon inside the Moon. Since the Deku Mask, Goron Mask, and the Zora Mask cannot be traded, Link must have in his possession all of the other obtainable masks before being able to receive the Fierce Deity Mask. Once this has been done, the young hero obtains the mask from the child wearing Majora's Mask. He gives him the mask so that the two of them can "play" together.
The Fierce Deity's Mask is one of the four masks that have the ability to transform Link into a different body. When obtained, it is suggested to be just as evil as Majora's Mask. In this state, Link has an adult size and voice, and has devastating attacks performed with the helix-edged sword (or its Sword Beams). A sword strike (minus sword beam) deals the same amount of damage as the Great Fairy's Sword.
- The Adult Link Mask was originally developed as the fourth transformation mask in the game. Near the end of development, the developers changed this mask to the Fierce Deity's Mask in order to add variety to the transformation, but still maintain an older version of Link in the game.  This is evident in Link's voice while wearing the mask; it is the same voice as adult Link from Ocarina of Time. Also, in Hyrule Historia, the Majora's Mask section contains concept art of what appears to be adult Link from Ocarina of Time, practically confirming that the original idea was adult Link.
- In the Japanese text of the game, the child wearing Majora's Mask specifically states that he wants to play tag with Link. This is a play on words as the Japanese text states that the Fierce Deity Mask is a mask an oni (demon) wears, and the Japanese name for tag is "pretending to be an oni".
- ↑ "The Fierce Deity Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "You got the Fierce Deity's Mask! Could this mask's dark powers be as bad as Majora? Try it on with (C)." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Fierce Deity's Mask - Wear it with (C). Its dark power can be used only in boss rooms." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||鬼神の仮面 (Kishin no Kamen)|
|Spanish||Máscara de la Fiera Deidad|
|French||Masque de Puissance des Fées|
|German||Gesicht der grimmigen Gottheit|
|Masks in Majora's Mask|