| This article or section does not sufficiently cite its sources.
Please help by introducing appropriate citations.
Fire Arrow artwork from Majora's Mask
|Game(s)|| Ocarina of Time|
The Wind Waker
Breath of the Wild
|Other media|| Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
|Use(s)||Grants the power of fire to the Arrows|
|Comparable Item(s)|| Ice Arrow|
The weapon infuses Arrows with the power of fire, causing the spot it hits to burst into flame. This attribute makes it quite useful for lighting torches and dealing significant damage to ice enemies, among other things. They consume Link's Magic Meter, so they must be used sparingly.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Fire Arrows are obtained in Lake Hylia as an adult. Link must stand in front or on top of a platform with writing on it (above the Water Temple's entrance) and shoot an Arrow at the sun just as it is beginning to rise. The Arrow will freeze in mid-air and fall to the ground on an island in the lake, where Link can pick it up, granting him the ability to use Fire Arrows.
Fire Arrows are not necessary for completion of the game. A combination of Din's Fire and shooting an Arrow through an already lit torch can be used to clear puzzles involving the Fire Arrows. Even so, the Fire Arrows are particularly useful for torches that are too far away for the Din's Fire spell to reach. However, Fire Arrows are needed to complete the Master Quest version of the game, as they are needed to burn the webs on the ceiling of the Spirit Barrier in Ganon's Castle, which Din's Fire is unable to reach.
They look the same and deal the same amount of damage as in Ocarina of Time, though they are used more often to complete various puzzles, particularly in the Snowhead area. These puzzles usually involve melting ice or lighting several torches at a fast pace. The Fire Arrows are also used to burn away the curtains blocking the sunlight during the battle with Igos du Ikana and his two servants in the Ancient Castle of Ikana.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Link can receive the Fire Arrows as well as the Ice Arrows at the Mother and Child Isles after learning the "Ballad of Gales." He must warp inside the rock structure located in the isle in order to meet the Fairy Queen, who will grant him the power to wield these special Arrows. However, the Fairy Queen will not hand over the ability to use the Arrows until Link has rescued his sister, Aryll, from the Forsaken Fortress.
The Fire Arrows are needed in the storyline when Link has to melt the ice surrounding Ice Ring Isle in order to obtain the Iron Boots. Like in Majora's Mask, they can be used to burn away curtains within the Earth Temple.
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild, Fire Arrows are considered separate ammunition from standard arrows, and as such don't deplete Link's supply of regular arrows nor require Magic Power to use. They can be found in a variety of places in the world, and are extremely effective against cold-based enemies and obstacles.
- Despite being on fire, in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Fire Arrows do no more damage than regular Arrows. In The Wind Waker, however, they do twice as much damage.
- In Ocarina of Time, enemies may be harmed by Din's Fire but not by Fire Arrows, provided they are unharmed by regular Arrows. An example is the ReDead, which takes no damage from any variety of Arrows, but can be killed by two uses of Din's Fire. The Freezard and the Anubis are unharmed by regular Arrows, but take damage from Fire Arrows and from Din's Fire.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||炎の矢 (Honoo no Ya)||Fire Arrow|
|Spanish||Flecha de Fuego||Fire Arrow|
|Flecha de fuego (OoT3D, MM3D)||Fire arrow|
|French||Flèche de Feu||Fire Arrow|
|French||Flèche de feu (OoT3D, MM3D)||Fire arrow|
|Italian||Freccia di Fuoco (OoT3D, MM3D)||Fire Arrow|
- "When water fills the lake, shoot for the morning light." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "You got the Fire Arrow! Set it to (C) to power up your arrows. Things will heat up when they hit!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "I like you. And so, I shall give new power to the bow that you wield. Ice Arrows can freeze the hottest flames, and Fire Arrows can melt the coldest ice." — Fairy Queen (The Wind Waker)