Fruit Pop Flight Challenge
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Main Prize||Piece of Heart|
The Fruit Pop minigame is found in Twilight Princess.
Near Fyer's cannon in Lake Hylia, a parrot named Plumm will fly down. Plumm will only speak to Wolf Link, to whom he proposes a minigame. By howling, Link summons a Kargarok. Once the game starts, Wolf Link and Midna will fly on the Kargarok up to the Zora's River.
The object is to pop as many balloons as possible (by simply flying through them) to gain points; for each same color balloon popped in a row, Link gains a bonus point. If the Kargarok hits a wall or pillar, the game will end.
Although Link can earn bonus points by poping consecutively balloons of the same type, there is a limit after which the number of bonus points given to Link for every balloon popped remain the same. This top is reached after ten balloons, and the bonus points reset when Link hits a different type of balloon.
- Watermelon maximum points = 512
- Orange maximum points = 1,536
- Strawberry maximum points = 5,120
Link needs to score 10,000 points to earn a Piece of Heart. After that, 100 rupees will be awarded.
- The fruit balloons reappear with a similar point system in Link's Crossbow Training.
- The maximum score obtainable in this mini-game is 61,454 points. To get this, Link has to get all the balloons before the first strawberry balloon and then all the strawberry balloons from then on.