Game Boy Player
| This article is a short summary of Game Boy Player.|
NintendoWiki features a more in-depth article.
The Game Boy Player was an accessory released for the Nintendo GameCube. It plugs into the "Hi-Speed Port" on the bottom of the GameCube. The Player contains actual Game Boy Advance hardware but it requires a boot disc to run. All Game Boy and Game Boy Color titles and nearly all Game Boy Advance titles can be played on the Game Boy Player; there are exceptions such as the Game Boy Advance Video series which cannot be played on the Game Boy Player, however (to prevent users from recording the videos to VHS and other recordable media).
Zelda games compatible with the Game Boy Player
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA version)
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- An issue of Nintendo Power mentioned that a player could play all Zelda games released up to that point on the Nintendo GameCube if the player owned both the Collector's Edition and a Game Boy Player. This statement reaffirms that the CD-i Zelda games are not considered canon Zelda games by Nintendo.