The Gibdo Mask from Majora's Mask 3D
|Use(s)|| Talk to Gibdos|
Prevent Gibdos and ReDeads from attacking
The Gibdo Mask is a mask in Majora's Mask.
Location and Uses
The Gibdo Mask is given to Link by Pamela's Father, after Link lifts the curse cast upon Ikana River in Ikana Canyon. Upon entering the Music Box House, the hero finds Pamela's Father in a state of half-mummification. By playing the "Song of Healing", her father will be healed, and the mummified portion of him encased in a mask.
When worn, the Gibdo Mask causes Gibdos and ReDeads to recognize Link as one of their own, and so they will not attack him. Link can also talk to Gibdos while wearing the mask, which is necessary to explore Beneath the Well, which is, at first, the only way to enter the Ancient Castle of Ikana. ReDeads outside of the well cannot be talked to, but the mask will cause them to dance, rendering them inoffensive.
- The Gibdo Mask is one of six masks that are necessary to complete the game, the others being the three transformation masks, the Garo's Mask, and the Captain's Hat.
- If, instead of wearing the Garo's Mask, Link dons the Gibdo Mask, the Ghost Hunter will still grant him access to Ikana. However, Link must have already entered the cursed land at least once prior to this in order to have obtained the mask.
- "This mummy looks different... Sorta like it's here waiting for its human heart to be healed." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "You got the Gibdo Mask! This mask was once the hideous face of Pamela's father." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "It seems the ReDeads that appear in Ikana Castle start dancing when the Captain's Hat, Gibdo Mask or Garo's Mask are worn. But that does not change things much..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ギブドのお面 (Gibudo no O-Men)||Same as English|
|Spanish||Careta de Gibdo||Same as English|
|French||Masque de la Momie||Mask of the Mummy|
|German||Gibdos Maske||Same as English|
|Masks in Majora's Mask|