Glitches in A Link Between Worlds
Skip the Knucklemaster Fight
- Effect: Skip the Knucklemaster boss fight completly.
- Prerequisites: Tornado Rod
- How To: Once the fight starts, have Link run to the top portion of the room. Wait for Knucklemaster to attempt to ram into Link, then use the Tornado Rod just before he hits. If done correctly Link will appear outside the Skull Woods in the area where the portrait of Seres is.
- Effect: Have Link get stuck in a rock.
- Prerequisites: Shield
- How To: In the Miner's House, have Link pick up a rock. Next, press the R button to activate his shield. If done correctly, Link will be holding the rock with his sword and shield out. If the R button is held down, Link will raise his shield, and the rock will be in his chest unless the R button is released or the rock is thrown. This glitch will not work if Link's sword and shield are out before picking it up, however.
A Link Between Objects
- Effect: Have Link get stuck in-between some hedges and a building.
- Prerequisites: Pegasus Boots
- How To: First, go to Fortune's Choice in Kakariko Village. Just next to the sign, face northwest and press the L button to activate the Pegasus Boots. If done correctly, Link will run in-between the hedge and the building and will violently bump into them. This glitch is cancelled if the Pegasus Boots are deactivated.
No Magic Meter
- Effect: Have no magic meter, and skip a few cutscenes.
- Prerequisites: See the signs at the eastern temple
- How To: First, go to the Eastern Temple and see Ravio's signs, telling you to get the bow. Return to your / Ravio's house, and he'll ask you which signs you saw. Choose any symbol but the bow, and he'll tell you that your selection isn't correct. Leave the house, and get killed by monsters. You'll be returned to Ravio's shop, and he'll ask you if you want to rent the bow again for 10 Rupees. Once you buy the bow, you won't have a Magic Meter , and you won't see Osfala's cutscene by the Eastern Temple.
- Effect: Link runs but never hits a wall.
- Prerequisites: Access to Turtle Rock, Pegasus Boots, Access to Staircase Room (Either Floor)
- How To: Aim at the corner on either side of the staircase on either level and hold down L until Link starts dashing then release.
- Notes: You can stop running normally. Link will never hit the wall.
Ice Gargoyle Launch
- Effect: Link launches a great distance.
- Prerequisites: Have reached the Ice Caverns on the trip to the Ice Ruins.
- How To: Inside the Death Mountain Caverns (Lorule) that you have to take in order to get to the Ice Ruins dungeon, go to the giant Ice Gargoyle and aim yourself on the bottom part of the platform. Let the Gargoyle hit you. If performed correctly, Link will launch at high speeds to the bottom portion of the map.
- Notes: This is only useful to get the Maiamai at that part of Death Mountain.
Gargoyles and Sand Walls
- Effect: Link glitches into a sand wall.
- Prerequisites: Access to the Desert Palace
- How To: Inside the room to the room right of the glowing green portal, there should be three statues. Push the ones on the walls down to the ground. Make a sand wall with the Sand Rod towards the top of the room. Push one gargoyle onto the space next to one of the cracks between the squares in the sand wall, and place the other two above and below that one. Pull the middle gargoyle away from the sand wall so that it can be pulled back towards the sand wall, facing away from the wall. Now, pull the statue into the crack and do not let go of the gargoyle: Link should slide either up or down a little bit. Letting go of the gargoyle will slide Link further, now between one of the other gargoyles and the sand wall. Grabbing one of those gargoyles and pulling backwards will pull Link inside the sand wall. Walking around in the sand wall will be difficult and often push Link out.
- Notes: This is much easier to do with the upgraded version of the Sand Rod, as the walls will remain until a new one is formed.
Portal clipping glitch
Effect: Causes Link to get pushed through the portal without having to walk-merging.
Prerequisite: Boomerang to stun the enemy and enough hearts to take damage (so you can run through the enemy during flashing invulnerability)
How to: find a portal that doesn't have a "smooth surface". To determine that, walk diagonally against it at sharp angles, if Link acts as he walking against the corner (not sliding against the wall, a "bump"), then it's "clipable". Then look for a stunable enemy (like a Moblin), lure it to be directly in that portal and stun it as close to the portal as possible. After that, make sure Link and the enemy are both in front of the portal. Just as soon the stunned enemy is about to wear off, take a hit from it (by contact) and run through the enemy into the portal. The enemy will push Link through it. Unlike traveling portals using wall merging, the game acts as if Link has fallen into a pit.
This clipping glitch also works on a crack that leads to a piece of heart in the woods in Hyrule, by making the Buzzblob push Link through the crack (possibly how link is standing on a tree on one of the images below using the Tornado Rod while standing inside the tree)
Glitch Images That Need Explanation