Glitches in The Legend of Zelda
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Mysterious Unlocking Door
- Effect: Progress through the labyrinth without getting all the keys.
- Prerequisites: N/A
- How To: When first entering Level 1 (The Eagle Labyrinth) the door on the north side of the room will be locked and require a key to open. If Link immediately exits the dungeon and then immediately re-enters, the door will have mysteriously unlocked, allowing Link to progress through the level without obtaining all of the keys.
Aquamentus is Immune to Swords
- Effect: The Aquamentus in the Eagle Labyrinth will not take damage if Link hits it with the sword.
- Prerequisites: Either the wooden sword, the white sword, or the magical sword.
- How To: When Link reaches Aquamentus, he must start the battle normally, but take enough damage from Aquamentus so that the young hero will die the next time he attacks him. Also, Link must whittle down Aquamentus' health so he will die with one more hit from the sword. Link must then walk up to Aquamentus, and when he sees the monster getting ready to shoot his fireballs or bump into Link, the young hero must swing his sword. If done right, both Link and Aquamentus will die at the same time. A way to check if it was done correctly is to look and see if the heart container appeared in the room. If done properly, it will appear just as the game over animation starts. After Link starts over at the entrance to the dungeon, he must make his way back to the boss room. Aquamentus should have resurrected, and will no longer take damage from the sword, forcing Link to use either arrows or bombs to kill him.
- Zelda Chaos, ZeldaWiki's top glitch affilate that specializes in verifying hacks, explaining glitches, and providing up-to-date information on all things exploitable in the Zelda series.