Glitches in The Wind Waker
Sailing Music in Windfall Island
- Effect: The Ocean Overworld Theme will play in Windfall Island
- Prerequisites: Ability to play Song of Passing, the Deku Leaf, access to Zunari's Shop after expansion
- How To: In Zunari's Shop on Windfall Island, there are rugs where the shop is (once it has been expanded to a regular store). Play the Song of Passing on one of the rugs in Zunari's roof. In order to get to the roof, use the Deku Leaf. Once completed, the music will change to the Ocean Overworld song. It must be nighttime first, and then switched to daytime in order for it to work.
Unlimited Elixir Soup
- Effect: Never run out of Elixir Soup
- Prerequisites: A bottle of Elixir Soup, empty bottle (optional)
- How To: Equip some Elixir Soup, then press the button you assigned it to and the start button at the same time. Then, on the items screen, swap the bottle of Elixir Soup with an empty bottle or another item. Link will drink the Elixir Soup. If you press start, the original Elixir Soup will still be there. If you switched it out with an empty bottle, this will now be half a bottle of Elixir Soup. This can be repeated with the other bottles.
Shooting The King of Red Lions for Rupees
- Effect: Ability to shoot the King of Red Lions in the Cannon mini-game for points
- Prerequisites: Access to the Cannon mini-game on Spectacle Island
- How To: In this glitch you will need to go to Spectacle Island, and dock your boat where you would fire in the Cannon mini-game. Start the barrel shoot minigame and aim for the King of Red Lions. When hit, the King of Red Lions won't blow up, but the shot still counts as a point, thus making it easier to acquire prizes.
- Effect: Freeze a Seahat, and make it move in the direction you are.
- Prerequisites: Boomerang, access to an island with Seahats
- How To: Go to an island where Seahats live, like Horseshoe Island. Lure one to hover above the ground, then throw the Boomerang at it. If done correctly, when its propeller drops off, and lands on ground, it will become frozen on ground. If Link walks near it, it will move in the direction he is walking.
Make the Killer Bees Disappear
- Effect: Make the Killer Bees vanish
- Prerequisites: Access to Windfall Island
- How to: Go to the upper clearing where Linda stands and Mrs. Marie's School of Joy and Lenzo's pictobox gallery are located. The Killer Bees should start to circle you. Lure them over the staircase beside Linda. Pick one out and walk into him to push him down the walkway toward town, but make sure he's slammed against the staircase wall. Get him about one third of the way down, at least past the leaves hanging over the wall from under the staircase. Talking to them occasionally can help, as they usually pause a few seconds after you talk to them. If done correctly, once you run back up the path, the Killer Bee member should start running into the wall toward the direction of the rest of the Bees, and disappear into the wall! You can repeat this process for all of the Bees.
- Notes: They will reappear again if you walk into a building, warp, etc.
- Effect: Restart at the beginning of Windfall Island
- Prerequisites: Song of Passing, access to the Windmill on Windfall Island after it has activated
- How To: Once you have learned the Song of Passing and activated the Windmill on Windfall Island, jump into one of the Windmill carts. Wait until you're at the bottom of the rotation, then stand on the very edge of the cart, either the left or right side. Play the Song of Passing; this works at night or in daytime. You should see the time of day change, but then Link will yell and fall out of the cart. Link will wake up at the docks.
Pigs Swim on Land
- Effect: Pig on Windfall Island will have ripples around it, as if swimming, on land
- Prerequisites: Three Skull necklaces (to play the Pig-Sitting game), access to Windfall Island
- How To: On Windfall Island, find all three pigs and throw them into the ocean. Then, hand three skull necklaces to the guy by the bomb shop, and he'll ask if you want to play the Pig-Sitting game. Chose yes, and when you go to the pig on the upper level (by Tott and the gravestone) it will have ripples around it as if its swimming, but on land. The other pigs will not run away from you, but glide over the ground slowly.
Molgera Quick Kill
- Effect: Skip the 3rd and 4th part of Molgera's battle
- Prerequisites: Hookshot, have access to either Molgera battle
- How To: During Molgera's battle when he starts to fly around the room, ready the Hookshot and fire it into his open maw when he gets close. Molgera will lose his tail and become stuck with his weak point exposed, attack. Then he will disappear a few seconds later only to restart his flying attack. Do this twice to finish him off without ever going through his 3rd or 4th phase.
- Effect: Skulls sliding along the floor on their own
- Prerequisites: Deku Leaf, be in the Earth Temple boss room
- How To: Go inside the boss room and blow the skulls on the floor with the deku leaf, when they stop bouncing some of them may slide across the floor in the direction you blew them.
Fly Seagull Inside Outset Island
- Effect: Fly a seagull inside of Outset Island
- Prerequisites: Hyoi Pear, Stone head covering the Savage Labyrinth removed
- How To: Use the Hyoi Pear in any location where a seagull will take it. Once you have control of the seagull, fly up to where the entrance to the Savage Labyrinth is located. Aim the seagull straight for the hole. If the seagull goes in and gets stuck keep flying down and eventually the seagull will go through.
In order to get into the second half of the island, fly the seagull towards the section of wall below where the bridge used to be and look for a spot where two surfaces meet at a slight angle. Fly the seagull against this spot and be persistent, and eventually the seagull will slip through.
Pig Clipping Inside Outset Island
- Effect: Make the large pig fall inside of Outset Island
- Prerequisites: Large Pig, Iron Boots, Power Bracelets
- How To: Pick up the giant pig named after Link, and carry him all the way to where the rope bridge used to be. Once you arrive at the spot, equip the Iron Boots and walk off of the ledge where the bridge used to be, still carrying the pig. If done correctly, the pig should fall through the ground and you should be able to hear the pig swimming in the water. If you perform the seagull inside of the island glitch listed above, you can see the pig trapped inside of the island.
Clipping Through Rock
- Effect: Go through a rock
- Prerequisites: Power Bracelets, Song of Passing
- How To: Go to any island with a big rock, such as Star Island. Pick up the big rock then throw it. Stand where the rock was. Play the Song of Passing. There should be a rock where Link was. Move Link and he should go right out of the rock.
Clip through Windfall Island
- Effect: Fall right through Windfall Island.
- Prerequisites: Have access to Windfall Island.
- How to: Go to Windfall Island and then to the stairs (near where the Killer Bees hang out). Stand on the bottom stair, face the part where the stairs end, and press B to slash. Then move slowly back to the bottom stair and face the same way that you were facing before and slowly walk away (slash if you need to). If done right, you will fall through the island.
Walk in Hyrule Field
- Effect: Gain access to Hyrule Field.
- Prerequisites: Have access to the path to Ganon's Tower, the Hookshot, and the Deku Leaf.
- How To: Go to the path to Ganon's Tower and then to the place where you have to Hookshot to get across the pit. Go to the first Hookshot place and stand under it. Then aim your Hookshot at the target and try and latch on. Once you start going up (if you hooked onto the Hookshot place) hold 'up' on the control stick. If done right, you will climb onto the place where you Hookshot to. Now jump off and use your Deku Leaf to fly to Hyrule Field.
- Note: This glitch takes patience.
Easier Way To Gain Access To Hyrule Field
- Effect: Access to Hyrule Field.
- Prerequisites: Have access to the path to Ganon's Tower, the Hookshot, the Hero's Bow and Ice Arrows
- How To: Get to the path to Ganon's Tower and kill all annoying enemies because they will get in the way later. Then lure a Moblin over to you. Shoot him with an Ice Arrow and freeze him. Stand behind him and get ready to lift him. Wait until he thaws. Now, wait two seconds, lunge into him right as he is picking up his spear and lift him. You'll begin moving quickly the Moblin. Get near a small ledge, walk up the Hyrule Castle steps and back really fast so when you leave them you are at a good speed. You will automatically jump up on the ledge a bit. Quickly pull out the Boomerang and smack him silly. Keep it up until he's in Hyrule Field. Now, Hookshot to him!
Use Bombs Anywhere
- Effect: Be able to use bombs anywhere that you can use your Tingle Tuner.
- Prerequisites: Bombs, Tingle Tuner.
- How To: Equip your Tingle Tuner to any button and then activate it and press 'start' at the same time. If done correctly, you will be at the pause menu. Now equip your bombs to the same button as your Tingle Tuner and exit the start menu. You will get the message that you can't call Tingle right now but you will be holding a bomb. Skip the text and now you can throw/drop the bomb.
- Note: You have to press the Tingle Tuner button and the start button at the exact same time.
Finding the hidden pigs
- Effect: Find secret pigs.
- Prerequisites: Bombs, Tingle Tuner, knowledge of the Use Bombs Anywhere Glitch and access to the Windfall Island Bomb Shop.
- How To: Go into the Windfall Island Bomb Shop and activate the Use Bombs Anywhere Glitch. Then throw the Bomb so it goes over the shelf that holds the Bombs (the ones that you buy) and goes to the barrels in the back of the store. If done right, the Bomb will explode and break the barrels in the back and pigs will come out.
- Note: You have to throw the bomb over the shelf that has the store bombs on it or else the bomb will bounce back at you. You can see a demonstration here:
Stuck with the Picto Box
- Effect: Get stuck in the hole you enter to get the Picto Box on Windfall Island.
- Prerequisites: Have Tingle freed from jail.
- How To: Go into the cell where Tingle was imprisoned in and move the box in the back so that you can get into the hole in the back of the room. When you move it though, don't move it all of the way (make sure that some of the box is still covering the hole. Now go into the hole and then try and go out the same way you came in. If done correctly, you won't be able to exit through that way.
- Note: To get out of the hole, go to a turn where a Rat is and it will put you at the entrance of Windfall Island.
Stuck on Ice Ring Isle's Slide
- Effect: Link will get get stuck on the slide and will constantly spin around.
- Prerequisites: Iron Boots, access to the Ice Ring Isle.
- How To: Go to the Ice Ring isle and slay all the Keese, (to prevent them from messing up the glitch) and climb up to the giant ice slide. Stand at the very edge and equip the Iron Boots, then jump onto the slide (aim for the center). If done right Link will start spinning around on the slide and not be able to move or take off the boots. To end the glitch access the item page and equip another item to where the Iron Boots were.
Makar Clips Through Block
- Effect: Squishes Makar into a wall.
- Prerequisites: Access to Wind Temple
How to: In the room with spikes on the floor below, bring Makar into the room below. push the blocks in the room together until they are half a block away. Put Makar in between the two. Push the blocks together, Makar will be squished in between them. (If you choose to play as Makar with the Command Melody, you can walk out of the blocks.)
Get to the Target Man's Porch
- Effect: Walk on the Target Man's Deck
- Prerequisites: Access to Outset
How to: You know that guy that tells you to target him? Well, there are ways to get to him, closely! There are 3 ways you can do it, they have been tested and the 3 are confirmed in the original and HD version. Method 1: Go on top of his roof. hang on in the front of the house. Let go, and jump slash will your sword quickly. Method 2: Requires the Wind Waker and the Deku Leaf. Make the wind go north. Go behind the house. Jump and use the Deku Leaf. When you see the deck, turn left and there you go! Method 3: Go on the First floor roof. Aim your self at the wood that connects to the deck. If aimed correctly, Link should stand on the wood!
- Zelda Chaos, ZeldaWiki's top glitch affilate that specializes in verifying hacks, explaining glitches, and providing up-to-date information on all things exploitable in the Zelda series.