|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Non-canon Appearances||Hyrule Warriors|
Gold Skulltulas, also known as Spiders of the Curse, are special gold-backed spiders related to Skulltulas. They can be found in both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. When a Gold Skulltula is defeated, a Gold Skulltula Token (Gold Skulltula Spirit in Majora's Mask, Golden Skull Token in Ocarina of Time 3D) is left behind to be collected. Gold Skulltula Tokens are known for their ability to undo a curse made by a Gold Skulltula.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Gold Skulltulas are hidden all throughout Hyrule and were known to curse people. One family was once fabulously rich, but they were cursed due to their greed and have taken the form of Skulltulas. When Link visits the House of Skulltula in Kakariko Village, he speaks to the father of the cursed family, who explains that the only way their curse will be lifted is if all of the Gold Skulltulas around Hyrule are destroyed and if their spirits are collected.
Link must collect tokens from the 100 Gold Skulltulas in Hyrule, freeing each family member from the curse one by one by collecting a certain number. By doing so, the young hero will receive rewards from each of the father's sons.
|Number of Tokens||Reward|
|Stone/Shard of Agony|
|Piece of Heart|
|200 Rupees for each visit|
Gold Skulltulas can be located by listening for their distinctive scraping sound. They can be found anywhere, from fields to dungeons, although they will only appear above ground during the night. Gold Skulltulas like soft soil, and can be drawn out by baiting them with small bugs. Some tokens can be collected by just walking up to them, but some require ranged weapons to be reached.
A small Gold Skulltula icon will appear next to an area's name on the map once all the Gold Skulltulas in that area have been collected.
In Majora's Mask, there are two Skulltula Houses, the Swamp Spider House and Oceanside Spider House, which contain 30 Gold Skulltulas each. Rather than collecting tokens, the Gold Skulltulas drop Gold Skulltula Spirits. By obtaining the 30 Gold Skulltula Spirits in the Swamp Spider House, Link obtains the Mask of Truth from a man who was cursed when he entered the house in search of clues to become rich. In the Oceanside Spider House, Link can obtain the Giant's Wallet if he collects all of the Skulltula Spirits during the First Day, with a Silver Rupee being awarded for completing it again on the first day in subsequent cycles. On the Second Day, he will receive a Purple Rupee, and his reward for clearing it on the Third Day is a Red Rupee.
This article or section contains information about an unreleased video game.
- Ocarina of Time Gold Skulltula Locations at Strategy Wiki
- Majora's Mask Skulltula House guide at Strategy Wiki
- "You got a Gold Skulltula Spirit! This is your nth one!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Folks around here tell of a fabulously rich family that once lived in one of the houses in this village... But they say that the entire family was cursed due to their greed! Who knows what might happen to those who are consumed by greed..." — Old man in Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)
- "We all look like this because of the spider's curse. If every Spider of the Curse in the entire world were destroyed, the curse would be broken." — Cursed Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "First of all, you'll have to hunt at night." — Cursed Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Secondly, keep in mind that they love soft soil... Pay close attention to your surroundings!" — Cursed Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "You see, a while back, someone told me I could become rich and he gave me this mask. He said the instructions were inscribed somewhere in here, but when I went to look, I was cursed!" — Cursed Man (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Gold Skulltula||Golden Skull Token|
|Spanish||Skulltula de Oro|
|Skulltula dorada||Símbolo de skulltula dorada (OoT3D)|
| Skulltula d'or
Skulltula dorée (OoT3D)
|Jeton de Skulltula dorée (OoT3D)|