From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Goron City as seen in young Link's time
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
Hot Rodder Goron
|Item(s)|| Piece of Heart|
Gold Skulltula ×2
|Related place(s)|| Death Mountain Trail|
Death Mountain Crater
|Theme Music|| |
- Not to be confused with Goron Village.
Goron City is the main gateway to Death Mountain Crater and, ultimately, the Fire Temple. It also has a portal that leads to the Lost Woods, but its entrance is blocked by rocks that Link must destroy with bombs. Paintings of the Gorons, the Dodongos, and other abstract shapes can be seen all around the city walls. The structure consists of four floors, with the entrance being at the top floor. The lowest floor has the two most important locations of Goron City: the Goron Shop and Darunia's chamber, the latter of which is initially closed off until proof of connection with the Royal Family is shown. Within Darunia's chamber is a stone monument that blocks off the entrance to Death Mountain Crater which Link will only be able to move once he turns into an adult.
Also on the bottom floor is a giant, spinning vase that only functions once all of the torches around the city are lit up. Situated at the center of the city is a platform suspended by ropes where the Spiritual Stone of Fire, also known as the Goron's Ruby, was once displayed which used to light up the city before Darunia took it away.
When young Link arrives to Goron City, he finds that the Gorons are in a sort of predicament: their source of food, Dodongo's Cavern, has been blocked by a giant boulder, which is endangering the way of life of the Gorons. Their leader has locked himself up in his chamber and won't allow entry to anyone who is not associated with the Royal Family of Hyrule. Once Link shows his proof of connection with the Royal Family, the door to Darunia's room opens, allowing Link to speak to the Goron chief. Darunia, though reluctant at first, agrees to let Link help them by destroying the Dodongos in Dodongo's Cavern. After Link defeats King Dodongo and clears the infested cavern, Darunia grants the young hero the Goron's Ruby and grants him the title of Sworn Brother.
Seven years later, after Link retrieves the Master Sword, he returns to Goron City to find that all of its citizens are gone. He notices a lone Goron rolling around the third floor, and, after much trouble, Link manages to stop him using a bomb. The Goron turns out to be Darunia's son, who informs the young hero about the revival of the ancient dragon known as Volvagia. Due to this, Darunia left to the Fire Temple to try and defeat the dragon; however, while he was gone, all the Gorons were taken by Ganondorf as prisoners to the temple in order to feed them to Volvagia as a warning to those who might oppose him. Darunia's son informs the Hero of Time that Darunia headed to the Fire Temple in an attempt to save everyone, but he pleads for Link's aid to go and help the Goron chief. To do so, Darunia's son grants him the heat-resistant tunic known as the Goron Tunic, which helps Link stay in the intense heats of the Death Mountain Crater and the Fire Temple for long periods of time.
- ↑ "Land of the Gorons / Goron City" — A sign (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ ""Spiritual Stone?" That red stone that was lighting up our city? Big Brother Darunia took it away. Then, he shut himself up in his room and won't come out." — A Goron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Everyone feels faint from hunger because of the food shortage in this town. We are in danger of extinction! It's all because we can't enter our quarry, the Dodongo's Cavern. We Gorons live on a diet of rocks... And the most delicious and nutritious rocks around are found in the Dodongo's Cavern! But that seems like ancient history now..." — A Goron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Big Brother has shut himself up in his room saying, "I will wait in here for the Royal Family's messenger!"" — A Goron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "This is a Goron problem! We don't need any help from strangers!" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Why don't you go destroy the monsters inside of the Dodongo's Cavern and prove you're a real man? That way, everybody will be happy again! If you do it, I will give you anything you want, even the Spiritual Stone!" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Kid, I like you! How's about you and I become Sworn Brothers?! No, there's no big ceremony involved! Just take this as a token of our friendship!" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Everybody was taken to the Fire Temple... While my dad was out... Ganondorf's followers came and took them all away! All of them will be eaten by Volvagia! Dad said that Ganondorf revived Volvagia... As a warning to those who might oppose him, Ganondorf is going to feed them all to Volvagia! Dad went to the Fire Temple all by himself to try to save everyone..." — Link the Goron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Please help, Link! I'll give you this heat-resistant tunic!" — Link the Goron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Thank you very much for saving us!" — A Goron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Brother Link! Everybody has come back! Dad and you destroyed the dragon together, didn't you!" — A Goron (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Ciudad Goron||Goron City|
|Regions in Ocarina of Time|
Click on a location