Happy Mask Shop
|Happy Mask Shop|
The Happy Mask Shop in Ocarina of Time
|Game(s)|| Ocarina of Time|
Oracle of Ages
|Inhabitant(s)||Happy Mask Salesman|
|Related place(s)|| Hyrule Castle Town (Ocarina of Time)|
Lynna City (Oracle of Ages)
The Happy Mask Shop is a recurring place in the Zelda series.
Ocarina of Time
The Happy Mask Shop makes its first appearance in Ocarina of Time and is located in Hyrule Castle Town during young Link's time. It is the basis for the Mask Trading Sequence, but it will only open after the guard in Kakariko Village receives Zelda's Letter. It is owned by the Happy Mask Salesman.
The way in which the Happy Mask Shop functions is different than a shop normally works. Instead of selling the masks, the Happy Mask Shop hires people to become "happiness salesmen." The store loans the mask to its customers so that they can sell it to other people. The customer must then pay back the money to the Happy Mask Salesman, who will in return lend the customer a newer model to sell. The client can borrow masks that they have already sold, but one model of each mask can only be sold once. Completing the process of selling the masks to other people is supposed to grant happiness not only to the customer, but to everyone else as well.
At first, the Happy Mask Shop only has one mask in stock: the Keaton Mask. If Link manages to complete the Mask Trading Sequence and sell all of the first four masks, the Happy Mask Salesman will reward the young hero with the Mask of Truth, which grants Link the ability to speak to Gossip Stones. Moreover, the salesman will put up three new mask models, all of which are not up for sale and that only Link can borrow.
Masks for Sale
Masks Not for Sale
Changes in Ocarina of Time 3D
The shop receives various changes in Ocarina of Time 3D and appears to be more high-class. Among the changes are the addition of a red carpet, new lighting ornaments and shelves filled with masks, some of which appear on the Happy Mask Salesman's pack in Majora's Mask. His pack can be seen behind him within the shop.
Oracle of Ages
A smaller version of the Happy Mask Shop is situated in Lynna City in Oracle of Ages. However, masks are unable to be purchased at this particular location. The only obtainable mask is a temporarily held item for use in the trading sequence.
- "Have you been to the Happy Mask Shop that just opened in the Hyrule Castle Town Market? Everyone is talking about it!" — Guard in Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)
- "Welcome to the Happy Mask Shop! We deal in masks that bring happiness to everyone! How would you like to be a happiness salesman?" — Happy Mask Salesman (Ocarina of Time)
- "How This Shop Works / We do not sell masks at this shop. We just lend them to you. You sell the loaned masks on your own. You pay back the money for the mask, and we will lend you a newer model. You can borrow masks you have already sold again; however, you can sell each model of mask only once. Please try our shop! --Happy Mask Shop Owner" — A sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "After you've sold all the masks, you will become happy yourself! Have faith..." — Happy Mask Salesman (Ocarina of Time)
- "As a reward... I will lend you this special mask. This is the Mask of Truth. It is a mysterious mask passed down by the Sheikah." — Happy Mask Salesman (Ocarina of Time)
- "From now on you can borrow any mask you want. Just have faith..." — Happy Mask Salesman (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||しあわせのお面屋 (Shiawase no Otsura Ya)||Happy Mask Shop|
|Spanish||La Máscara Feliz|
|French||Foire aux Masques|
|Italian||Negozio delle maschere della felicità|
|Chinese||幸福面具店||Happy Mask Shop|
|Regions in Oracle of Ages present age|
Click on an area