| It has been requested that image(s) be added to this page or section.
Please remember to remove this template once the image(s) have been added.
Hero Mode in The Wind Waker HD
|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
A Link Between Worlds
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors|
In Skyward Sword, Hero Mode can be unlocked after completing the main quest. In this mode, enemies deal double damage and Hearts and Heart Flowers only appear when Link is holding the Heart Medal, so Link must rely on Potions to recover his health. Furthermore, Link has access to all the hints the Sheikah Stones have to offer at the beginning of his journey. He also carries over any treasures and bugs he collected from his first quest. An additional boss fight is added to the Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round, bringing the total to 12. Finally, the Skyward Strike keeps its powered-up form, and when strengthened again, the charge time is virtually eliminated.
The Wind Waker HD
The Wind Waker HD includes a Hero Mode similar to that of Skyward Sword, but is available upon the creation of a new save file. Hearts do not appear in Hero Mode, forcing Link to use Potions and Fairies to regain health. In addition, enemies deal double damage Hero Mode can be activated or deactivated at any point during gameplay through the file selection screen.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, Hero Mode is unlocked after completing the main quest. In Hero Mode, enemies deal four times more damage. Unlike previous games, Hearts appear normally without any requirements. Also, Ravio's Journal can be found inside the Vacant House.
The Wind Waker HD Hero Mode trailer
- "I can see you're playing in Hero Mode, so clearly you've mastered all the puzzles out there before." — Sheikah Stone (Skyward Sword)
- "You have elected to engage Hard Mode, so hearts and heart flowers will not appear. I recommend utilizing potions." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Tell you what, I'm going to go ahead and give you access to all the hints right from the start." — Sheikah Stone (Skyward Sword)
- "Hero Mode can be selected right away, no completion of the game required[.]" — Nathanial Rumphol-Janc, The Wind Waker HD Triforce Quest Details, FPS Mode, Hero Mode, Screenshots, and More!, Zelda Informer, published August 22, 2013.
- "In Hero Mode, health is only regained through potions[.]" — Nathanial Rumphol-Janc, The Wind Waker HD Triforce Quest Details, FPS Mode, Hero Mode, Screenshots, and More!, Zelda Informer, published August 22, 2013.
- "In Hero Mode, you take double damage and won't be given recovery hearts at any point." — Nintendo, WiiU - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Hero Mode Trailer, YouTube, published August 28, 2013.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish|| Partida héroe (SS)
Mode Héroe (SS)
Modo Héroe (ALBW)
| Hero game|
|French|| Mode héroïque (SS)
Mode Héroïque (ALBW)
| Heroic mode|