From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Horwell is a character appearing in Skyward Sword. He is one of the Knight Academy instructors and he has a great knowledge of animals, such as Remlits. He is also the instructor in charge of the Wing Ceremony.
Before the Wing Ceremony, he asks for Link's help retrieving Zelda's remlit, Mia, who has climbed atop the academy's roof. Horwell explains that, although Mia looks harmless, he lets the Remlit roam free outside at night since the creature transforms into a vicious monster.
After Link's Loftwing is kidnapped by Groose, Headmaster Gaepora informs Horwell about the incident so that he may delay the Wing Ceremony. When Horwell learns of this, he reassures Link not to worry about the race, pointing out that he owes the young hero for having recovered Mia for him.
- As most residents of Skyloft are modeled after birds, Owlan and Horwell's designs were based on the Rito from The Wind Waker.
Concept art of Horwell from Hyrule Historia
- ↑ "You see, Zelda's father--Headmaster Gaepora--has a pet named Mia, and, well...she's scampered off again." — Horwell (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Such an odd creature, the Remlit. She may look cuddly now, but at night, it's another story entirely! When night falls here in Skyloft, creatures like this Remlit become possessed by an evil force. [...] I keep my distance from Mia at night. There was that one time when she snuck into the academy after nightfall." — Horwell (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "If I recall correctly, this year Instructor Horwell is presiding over the ceremony. [Link], you should go explain the situation to him and see if he's willing to delay the race a little so that you can find your bird." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "I still owe you for helping me out earlier, so don't worry about the ceremony for now. You focus on finding your Loftwing!" — Horwell (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Look, [Link]! Though night has come, Mia exhibits none of the nocturnal aggressiveness we've come to expect in Remlits! It's just amazing!" — Horwell (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "In the beginning, it was decided that all residents of Skyloft would be modeled after birds. That's we're the idea to give Henya a rooster's body came from. Groose's pointy hairstyle was inspired by a rooster's comb. Owlan's and Horwell's designs were based on the Rito tribe from The Wind Waker." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 23)
|Names in Other Regions|