Hyrulean Civil War
|Hyrulean Civil War|
Link's Father describes the war in a comic based on Ocarina of Time.
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Occurrence(s)||Hyrule erupts into a civil war for unknown reasons.|
|Resolution(s)||The unification of the realm under the banner of the Royal Family. Link's Mother is wounded and dies, leaving the infant Link in the care of the Great Deku Tree.|
The war was first referenced by the Great Deku Tree Sprout to explain Link's origins after he lifted the curse on the Forest Temple. To escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy went to the Kokiri Forest. Before passing away, the mother left her child under the guardianship of the Great Deku Tree. The child was raised as a Kokiri and a few years later became the Hero of Time.
Finally the war ended and resulted in the unification of Hyrule under one banner. Ganondorf once again swore fealty to the King of Hyrule. The peace was short lived however, as some years later, Ganondorf acquired the Triforce of Power and the conquest of Hyrule began.
- "The war in Hyrule raged unabated for countless eras." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 84)
- "Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world. One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest. The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest. The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny, whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest. After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come!" — Deku Tree Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
- "The fighting was eventually quelled by the king of Hyrule, and the entire land was unified under his kingdom." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 84)
- "The scars of war faded from Hyrule, and it seemed that, at last, the world was at peace. Ganondorf, leader of the Gerudo, the people of the desert, once again swore fealty to the king of Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 84)
- "But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued...Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm. It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered. You know this magic...It is the dark power you seek...the Fused Shadow." — Lanayru (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
- "For a brief time, it seemed as though peace had returned to the kingdom. However, there were many who knew of the existence of the Triforce and the entrance to the Sacred Realm because of the events set in motion by Ganondorf. Their lust aroused, they rushed to gain access to the holy land in their quest to obtain the power of the gods." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 93)