From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Jovani and Gengle turned to gold.
Jovani is a character featured in Twilight Princess.
Living in Hyrule Castle Town, Jovani is a man who has lost his soul. He sold it to the Poes for untold riches, but they also changed him into a golden statue with color-changing gems for eyes and his cat, Gengle, fused to his head. He now values his humanity over his wealth and needs Link to re-complete his shattered soul. When Link visits him for the first time as a wolf he learns how to defeat the Poes and Jovani tells him that if he gets 20 Poe Souls or more, he will get a reward.
When Link gets 60 Poe Souls, Jovani's curse is broken and Gengle will give Link 200 Rupees each time he visits Castle Town. Jovani can be found in Telma's Bar, after Jovani's curse has been broken, crying because his girlfriend had found another man.
Similar to his experience with Jovani, in Ocarina of Time Link must save an extremely rich family living in the House of Skulltula that was cursed due to their greed by destroying all the Gold Skulltulas around Hyrule and collecting their tokens.
- ↑ "I'm Jovani. I...became consumed by greed long ago, and sold my soul to a dark creature that did this to me... I can't move... I can't go see my girlfriend... My pet cat Gengle is frozen on my head... I don't think I could be more miserable... I have to ask you a favor, doggie... Can you find and defeat the 20 ghosts that lurk in the dark for me? I think if you can free the pieces of my soul from the ghosts that hold them, I'll be free..." — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Once you've found and defeated the 20 ghosts that lurk in the darkness, come here by digging by the wall where the cats gather..." — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "You did it! I can move again! This is all thanks to you, right? Oh, I have to ask you... Will this do? Ah ha ha ha! I hear you can get this stuff in the cave on the eastern edge of the Gerudo Desert, too!" — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "But...my body is still golden... Does this mean my soul is still not whole? That's strange... Maybe we need the souls of 60 ghosts... Can I ask another favor of you, doggie? Can you defeat more ghosts?" — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "You did it! Look at me! I'm back to my old self again! Thanks to you, everything in my life is coming up roses! Ha ha HA! Oh, of course, I need to thank you... Please accept this... All right! I need to let my girlfriend know that I'm back!" — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Oh, it's you. I see... So my master got dumped, huh? Well, I guess it goes to show that for humans, it's all about money. I guess that means we don't need any more money...so you can take it all." — Gengle (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Wahhh... Wah wahhh... I hadn't seen her in a while, and she'd started dating another man... Wahhh... Ahh wahhhh... Ohh..." — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|