From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s) Present||Majora's Mask|
|MM Properties||Allows the wearer to dance|
Near the Snowhead area of Termina Field, where the giant mushroom-like objects are located, between midnight and 4 AM on the First or Second Day, some music can be heard. Link must jump on top of the mushroom-like object that is the source of the music to find the spirit of Kamaro, a dancer. Kamaro is afraid that his dance moves will never be passed down to the new generation, and asks that Link rest his soul. By playing the Song of Healing, his musical talent will be encased inside a mask. He entrusts the young hero with his final request, to spread his dance across the world.
The mask has an unusual property: when worn, it allows the wearer to perform Kamaro's dance.
When in West Clock Town at night, Link can find the Rosa Sisters trying to come up with a dance for the Carnival of Time. If Link stands in front of them and performs the dance, they will learn it and thank him, calling Link "master" and giving him a Piece of Heart.
- Interestingly, both the music heard near the Rosa sisters and near Kamaro are the one and same, even though the dances are different.
- It's unknown how a user can wear the mask without being able to see, considering his or her face would be covered by the lower part of the mask.
- ↑ "The spirit of a charismatic dancer who died in Termina Field dances there night after night." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I am no longer part of the living...My sadness to the moon... I haven't left my dance to the world...I am filled with regret. (Translation) I am disappointed, oh moon. I have died! Oh, I planned to bring the world together and stir it into a giant melting pot with my dance! If only I had taught my new dance to someone..." — Kamaro (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Spread my dance across the world... Train its followers... (Translation) I have taught it to you, now make it into a popular dance craze! I am counting on you. (Translation) I am counting on you." — Kamaro (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Thank you for teaching us those steps. You are our master! Master! You're so cool!" — Rosa Sisters (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||カマロのお面 (Kamaro no Omen)|
|Spanish||Careta de Kamaro|
|French||Masque de Kamaro|
|Masks in Majora's Mask|