|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
|Non-canon Appearances||Link's Crossbow Training|
Roosting in mountainous areas
|TWW Spoils||Golden Feather|
- This article is about the common, bird-like enemy. You may be looking for Helmaroc King, the fourth boss of The Wind Waker.
The Wind Waker
Kargarocs (as their name was spelled in The Wind Waker, see Nintendo Gallery; another spelling, "Kargoroc", is used by the Tingle Tuner, see Tingle's Comment above) are used by Ganon for surveillance and transportation of other monsters, such as Moblins, across the Great Sea. They are easily defeated when roosting, and are also susceptible to arrows (and Cannon fire) when airborne. Link can collect rare Golden Feathers from defeated Kargarocs, of which he can give 20 to Hoskit in exchange for 100 Rupees and a Piece of Heart. These creatures bear a resemblance to the Helmaroc King, the giant bird that kidnapped Link's sister, Aryll.
|Kargaroc (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|| Habitat: Dragon Roost|
Spoils: Golden Feathers
These fierce and dangerous opponents often carry Bokoblins and Moblins into battle. You can use your Grappling Hook to steal their Golden Feathers.
In Twilight Princess, Kargaroks have two distinct incarnations. The first is a common enemy in Hyrule Field, which attempts to knock Link off of Epona. Karagaroks can be easily dispatched with the sword, although this can be difficult on horseback. An alternative method is simply to fire arrows at them, Bomb Arrows being especially effective.
A Shadow Kargarok is a Kargarok that has been transformed by the effects of the Twilight Realm. It attacks in the same way as a normal Kargarok, although its appearance is different; its body is black, its head is concave, and it also makes trumpet-like sounds.
A special Shadow Kargarok battle takes place upon entering Lake Hylia. Fyer spots a Bulblin from a distance, which must be approached. When it sees Link, it will use the nearby Hawk Grass to call a Shadow Kargarok and then hop on its back, shooting flaming arrows. Once defeated, Midna takes control of it and uses it to progress further.
- "Kargarok" seems to be a misromanization, since its name is believed to come from Roc, a giant bird in Asian mythologies. This naming can be found in other bird-like creatures, such as the Helmaroc King, and bird-related items, like the Roc's Feather.
- A similar enemy, the Furnix, appears in Skyward Sword, and was mistaken to be a Kargarok at first. 
- Due to their resemblance, the Helmaroc King may be the same species as the Kargarok.
- In the Wii version of Twilight Princess, the controls when flying the Shadow Kargarok that Midna rides are very similar to those when flying Link's Loftwing in Skyward Sword.
Concept art of a Shadow Kargarok from Hyrule Historia
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese|| カーゴロック (Kāgorokku)
影の怪鳥 (Kage no Kaitori)
Mysterious Shadow Bird
|Spanish||Cóndor de las islas||Condor of the Islands|
|French|| Condor des Iles
Kargoroc des Ombres
| Condor of the Islands|
Kargoroc of Shadows