From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
The Minish Cap
Dark Hyrule Castle
Keaton's characteristics are derived from the mythological Japanese fox creature, kitsune, and its appearance may also be a reference to Pikachu, or Ninetales, both Pokémon characters. They have yellow fur and three tails with black fur on the tip of each tail; Keatons are said to recognize one another by the sheen of their tails.
Ocarina of Time
- Main article: Keaton Mask
The Keaton Mask can be obtained in Ocarina of Time as part of a trading quest. It is the first mask obtained from the shop in Hyrule Castle Town, and can be sold to the guard at the far end of Kakariko Village as a gift for his son. Keaton is said to be a popular character.
Keaton is a three-tailed, yellow fox that appears in Majora's Mask. To get it to appear, Link needs to obtain and equip the Keaton Mask and cut some Moving Grass in North Clock Town, Mountain Village or along Milk Road. Keaton will then appear and ask the young hero five questions about things in Majora's Mask. If he answers them all right, Link will obtain a Piece of Heart. There are a total of thirty questions that could possibly be asked. If Link does not answer the questions correctly, he can try again, but the Keaton can only be summoned once every three-day period. Choosing to summon the Keaton again and answering the five questions after receiving the Heart Piece will yield a Red Rupee as a reward.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap Keatons appear as enemies. They will charge at Link and if they hit him they will cause him to lose some of his Rupees. The orange ones appear mostly in Trilby Highlands, and the blue ones appear in Dark Hyrule Castle.
|Keaton (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
||Appears in various areas. This thieving fox preys upon travelers and merchants. He may not be strong, but he will attack you very quickly, so be careful.|
- Enemy Keatons share similar characteristics to Wosu from The Adventure of Link: both have a canine appearance, are fast, fairly weak, and steal from Link (be it Rupees or EXP).
- The Keatons in Dark Hyrule Castle in The Minish Cap have a different palette from Keatons elsewhere in the game, but they have the same amount of health and are identical from a gameplay standpoint. The same is true of that game's Moblins.
- ↑ "Hee-hee-ho! Hello, child. If you are attempting to fool me, it is impossible. We Keatons can recognize our own by the sheen of our tails." — Keaton (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Is that a "Kee...something..." character mask? I heard he's very popular recently? He's my boy's favorite. That "Kee...something..." mask... If you don't mind... Will you sell it to me?" — Guard in Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "It seems Keaton, the ghost fox, plays tricks in the grass..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Answer me this... Pick one of the three choices..." — Keaton (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ Keaton Q's & A's, Zelda Dungeon.com
|Names in Other Regions|