From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The outside of the laboratory
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Item(s)|| Gold Skulltula Token|
Piece of Heart
|Related place(s)||Lake Hylia|
Inside the laboratory, Link can find the Lake Scientist's experiments as well as a big pool. Link can dive in the pool, and the scientist will tell him how many meters he dove. If Link possesses the Golden Scale, he can dive to the bottom of the pool and touch the floor to receive a Piece of Heart from the scientist as a reward for his excellent diving skills. The young hero can also find a Golden Skulltula hidden inside one of the boxes at the bottom of the pool. Moreover, there is a cage where a motionless shark is imprisoned. It is presumed dead. There are also 2 glass aquariums on the desk behind the scientist, one of which holds 2 shrimp-like creatures, and another that holds a small octopus-like creature. In the 3DS version, there is a frozen Octorok instead, and the shrimp are no longer present.
There is a patch of soft soil outside the laboratory where Link can plant a Magic Bean, enabling access to the roof. The roof can also be accessed by using the Scarecrow's Song. Atop the roof is a ladder that leads to a small platform that oversees Lake Hylia, and it is also where a second Piece of Heart can be obtained.
- According to a Gossip stone in Ocarina of Time, the Cucco Lady goes to the Lakeside Laboratory to study how to breed pocket-sized Cuccos.
- In Ocarina of Time 3D, there is an Octorok in a tank at the laboratory, suggesting that the Lake Scientist experiments with them.
- ↑ "Lakeside Laboratory - Daily trying to get to the bottom of the mysteries of Lake Hylia! --Lake Scientist" — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You dove 7 meters just now. You should be able to dive deeper!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You touched the bottom just now. Fantastic! I'll give this to you!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||みずうみ研究所 (Mizu Umi Kenkyuusho)|
|Spanish||Laboratorio del Lago|
|French||Laboratoire du Lac|
|German||Labor am See|
|Regions in Ocarina of Time|
Click on a location