Levias infested by Bilocyte
|Title||Great Spirit of the Sky|
|Non-canon Appearances||Hyrule Warriors|
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Levias is a character in Skyward Sword. He is a wise, whale-like Sky Spirit who has served as the protector of the skies for ages and lives in the Thunderhead. Levias has a particular fondness Pumpkin Soup, which Pumm always offered on a sky isle that had a perpetual rainbow above it, before the Thunderhead engulfed it.
Before the goddess Hylia transferred her soul into the body of a mortal, she appointed Levias as the guardian of the skies. She also left the Sky Spirit a hint as to the location of the Triforce, which was one of the four parts of the "Song of the Hero," a melody that would unlock the final trial for the chosen hero. However, at one point, Levias was corrupted by evil forces and became plagued with Bilocyte, possessing him and causing Levias to attack anyone who comes near.
After learning of Levias from the Headmaster Gaepora, Link speaks to Owlan and learns that although Levias can be found in the Thunderhead, he has become possessed by Bilocyte and will not listen to reason. He tells the hero to talk to Pumm, who makes annual Pumpkin Soup offerings to Levias. Link then places a basin of Pumpkin Soup in an island of the Thunderhead to lure the beast out of the cloud sea and, with the aid of his Loftwing and the newly-learned technique Spiral Charge, removes the parasites. Upon the removal of the last visible parasite, a Bilocyte occupying Levias' blowhole emerges. Link removes this parasite as well, and upon hearing that Link was searching for the Triforce, Levias informs him of the four parts of the "Song of the Hero" are needed to find the it. Levias then instructs Link to track down the three surface dragons, Faron, Lanayru, and Eldin, to learn their parts of the melody. Once he has done this, Levias imparts the final part of the "Song of the Hero" to Link.
Levias' name is derived from Leviathan, a mythological monster from Biblical text. Fittingly, the modern Hebrew form of the word means "whale."
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||空の大精霊ナリシャ (Sora no Dai-Seirei Narisha)||Great Spirit of the Sky: Narisha|
|Spanish||Gran Espíritu de los Cielos: Narisha||Great Spirit of the Skies: Narisha|
|Grand espirit de cieux: Narisha|
|Italian||Grande spirito celeste, Narisha|
- "Surely you're familiar with Levias, the great sky spirit who has guarded our realm for ages? Levias has served as the protector of our skies for a long time, and his knowledge of our world is encyclopedic, to put it mildly." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "If I'm correct, Levias is the one inside the thunderhead. But...that's not the Levias that we all know. That's...a monster!" — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "Every year I offer him an entire basin full of my pumpkin soup! But lately a huge thunderhead has been brewing there, and I haven't yet made this year's offering. I tell you, I feel horrible about it!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "I am the great spirit they call Levias. Before she passed from this world so long ago, the goddess Hylia appointed me as warden of the skies." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, but the goddess did entrust me with a hint as to the Triforce's location. The clue is a song, meant to be played on the harp you hold. It is known as the Song of the Hero. The song is the key to revealing the secret location of the Triforce. The goddess split this song into four parts. She entrusted one part to me and the other three to the dragons of the land." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "It certainly looks like Levias, but last time I approached him, he came rushing at me! And his eyes... They were full of malice." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "When they've taught you what they know, come to me and I will complete the song with my own voice!" — Levias (Skyward Sword)