Bow of Light
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Bow of Light|
The Bow of Light, as seen in Spirit Tracks.
|Cost(s)||Defeat of Skeldritch|
|Use(s)||Charge arrows with sacred light and repel evil.|
|Comparable Item(s)||Light Arrow|
The Bow of Light is a relic featured in Spirit Tracks.
The Bow of Light is obtained following the defeat of the Ancient Demon Skeldritch in the Sand Temple. The bow was once wielded by the Spirits of Good during their war against the Demon King Malladus. Following the war, the bow was placed in the depths of the Sand Temple deep in the heart of the Sand Realm.
Uses and Quest Purpose
The bow has the unique ability to charge arrows with sacred light and to repel evil forces, becoming a Light Arrow. If held down long enough, light will be infused into an arrow, but if released quickly, the arrow will fire like any normal arrow.
The Bow of Light plays a pivotal role in the final battle against the Demon King Malladus as Link and Princess Zelda seek to banish Malladus from Zelda's body and help her spirit reconnect with it. In the battle within the Dark Realm, Link uses the Bow of Light to shoot Malladus while Zelda holds him in place, thus banishing Malladus's presence from the princess's body. It also proves to be essential in the final battle with Malladus when he takes over the body of Cole and attempts to go on a rampage of destruction. In this battle, Link distracted the Demon King long enough for Zelda to shoot a weak spot on his back with the Bow of Light, eventually creating an opening for Link to destroy Malladus's two horns protecting a crystal on his head and thus leaving the crystal open to attack. Once the crystal is destroyed by Link and Zelda with the use of the Lokomo Sword, Malladus and Cole both perish, thus restoring peace to Hyrule.
- The Bow of Light has the same shape as the Symbol of the Spirits of Good. This is consistent with other weapons used by the Spirits of Good, such as the Lokomo Sword.
- The Bow of Light fits in a long tradition of sacred arrows and bows used by Link or Zelda to help destroy the final boss.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "In the battle between the Demon King and the spirits, there was a weapon called the Bow of Light... Perhaps it can drive his spirit from your body." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- ↑ "Go to the final temple, the Sand Temple. The Bow of Light is located deep inside." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- ↑ "You distract Malladus, Link. When I see an opportunity, I'll shoot him in the back with the Bow of Light." — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||光の弓 (Hikari no Yumi)|
|Spanish||Arco de Luz|
|French||Arc de lumière|