From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|First appearance||Twilight Princess|
|Latest appearance||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Family|| Jaggle (father)|
Malo is a character who appears in Twilight Princess.
Malo's infantile appearance is deceptive, as he is actually quite intelligent and mature. He is also short and the quiet type. When he does talk, he seems to be rather fond of blunt and sarcastic comments.
After completing the Goron Mines dungeon, some of the elders come down to ask for donations to repair the eastern bridge leading into Castle Town, totaling 1000 rupees. Once it's paid off, they want to raise another 2000 rupees for buying Chudley's shop in Castle Town; however, that hefty sum can drop down to a mere 200 rupees if Link helps out one elder's son first, by dousing him with hot spring water. Once Malo Mart has been set up in Castle Town, Link can buy the Magic Armor on sale for 598 rupees, compared to its normal price of 100,000 rupees. The other wares available in the Malo Mart of Castle town (such as Arrows and Bombs) are also brought down to an affordable price.
- The dolls lying on the second floor of his parents' house bear resemblance to Beedle, a recurring character from the Zelda series. Interestingly, Beedle has his own chain store, like Malo will have later in the game.
- Malo's name might be a reference to Malon, along with his brother's name Talo which might be a reference to Talon, two recurring characters in the Zelda series.
- Malo and Talo share similarities with Zill and Joel, two brothers appearing in The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap.
- When Link acquires and begins target practice with the slingshot in front of the Ordon Village children, instead of shooting at the targets, he can shoot at the children, who will duck his shots. Malo, however, does not duck by bending at the knees and waist to avoid the shots, as Talo and Beth do; instead, strangely, he lowers himself by bending backwards with his face looking skyward.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Hey... You can look at stuff, but don't you DARE just take things... That's MY valuable merchandise. You want it, you pay for it... I decided to take on this unmanned shop... Buy something... It helps the whole village if you... Maybe I can't become a hero...but I figure I can help people out with heroic business deals." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Those corrupt, prince-gouging shops in Castle Town are officially on notice! Soon they will rue!" — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Get off your high horse. Just show us." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Time is money. If you're done shopping, then quit wasting both..." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Link! My boys Malo and Talo aren't giving you headaches, are they? If they are, you feel free to scold them anytime you like." — Pergie (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Unless your idea of fun is throwing arrows directly into the garbage, you should try out the Hawkeye in my shop. Trust me, you need it." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Phase One: Repair the broken bridge leading from west Castle Town to the field in order to improve traffic!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Phase Two: Buy that Castle Town shop and sell products to the town at reduced prices! You have heard me right, Brudda! There is a problem, however... The finances for the execution of this glorious plan are...lacking! Please, Brudda! Offer some financial support to aid in the purchase of the Castle Town shop! For the benefit of the people!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|