From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The inside of Kakariko Village's Malo Mart with the Hawkeye, Wooden Shield, and Red Potion available.
|Game(s)|| Twilight Princess|
Link's Crossbow Training
|Related place(s)|| Kakariko Village|
Hyrule Castle Town
|Theme Music|| |
Malo Mart is a shop that appears in Twilight Princess. Its flagship store, located in Kakariko Village, is owned and operated by Malo. Later on in the game, Malo Mart buys out Chudley's Fine Goods and Fancy Trinkets Emporium in Castle Town to establish the Malo Mart Castle Branch.
- See also: Magic Armor Sidequest
Malo Mart is originally a run-down shop known as Kakariko Goods. When Malo finds it, he decides to reopen the shop as his own. Although he can be a bit rude, he likes to keep his prices low and serve his customers well, hoping to be a financial "hero." Malo Mart is the only place that Link can purchase the Hawkeye.
Later on in the game, Malo Mart will start accepting donations to take over Chudley's Fine Goods and Fancy Trinkets Emporium and thus stop the "corrupt, price-gouging shops" in Castle Town. To do so, the Malo Mart Management will first fix the bridge connecting east Castle Town to Hyrule Field, which can only be done if Link donates a specific amount of Rupees. The price that must be donated to the shop depends on whether or not Link delivers the Hot Spring Water to a Goron near the east Castle Town entrance.
After making the necessary donations, the Malo Mart Castle Branch, or Castle Town Malo Mart, will open up in Hyrule Castle Town, which is actually run by a now more cheerful Chudley. This shop has very low prices and is very lively with energetic music and shoppers. Once the second shop opens, many of the citizens of Castle Town will be carrying Malo Mart bags. The significance of this second location is that it is the only seller of the Magic Armor, Link's final tunic.
Wares and Pricing
- ↑ "I decided to take on this unmanned shop..." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Time is money. If you're done shopping, quit wasting both." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I may not be a hero, but maybe I can help people with heroic business deals." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Glorious day! We have collected enough funds to finance repairs to the bridge connecting east Castle Town to Hyrule Field, Brudda! Those corrupt, price-gouging shops in Castle Town are officially on notice! Soon they will rue! We hope you will continue your financial support of our efforts to sell products in the town at discounted prices, Brudda!" — Gor Ebizo and Malo (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|