From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|First appearance||Ocarina of Time|
|Latest appearance||Majora's Mask|
Medigoron is Biggoron's younger brother. He's a not as large as Biggoron, but is still larger than the average Goron. He opened a shop in Goron City where he forges blades, but he's not as skilled as his older brother.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, he owns a store in Goron City, and sells Link the Giant's Knife for 200 Rupees. The blade, despite having taken Medigoron some five or six years to make, has durability issues and turns out to be essentially useless as it breaks after using it 100 times or after striking a hard object. Though Link must use two hands to wield the Giant's Knife, Medigoron considers it to be a small weapon.
He also appears in Majora's Mask, this time as the shopkeeper for the Goron Powder Keg Shop, located in the cave near Goron Village, where he makes the devastating Powder Keg. After Link completes his test on proper usage of Powder Kegs, Medigoron gives him a Powder Keg Certification that proves his capability and allows him to purchase Powder Kegs anywhere they are sold. Medigoron admits, after Link gets his certification, that the test was really quite dangerous, and gives him a free Powder Keg in apology.
Medigoron's name seems to be a portmanteau of medi- (from the latin medius, meaning middle), and -goron (believed to originate from the phrase "goro, goro", a Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of a rolling rock).
- ↑ "My Brotherrrr... Opened a new storrrre... It's Medigoron's Blade Storrrrrrrre... Howeverrrrr... I am betterrrrrr at making bladessssss." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "How about buying this knife for 200 Rupees?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "I'm working on something really cool right now! But I think it's going to take a while... If you can wait five or six years, it should be ready. OK?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "It looks like there is a problem with its durability... But still..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "I just completed a small weapon. How about it..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Tight fit..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "They say that Medigoron didn't really think about his own size, so his store is really cramped." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Goron Powder Keg Shop. New customers will be tested on proper usage. The Shopkeeper" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I'm the Goron who sells the Powder Keg, the most famous product of the Gorons." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Want a Powder Keg? Powder kegs explode with powerful blasts and are very dangerous... Until I have tested you to see if you can use them properly, I can't let you use any on your own." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "It looks like you managed to succeed! Knowing your skills, I feel fine letting you handle Powder Kegs on your own. It was bad of me to put you through such a dangerous test. I want you to take this as my apology." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Powder Kegs made by my instructor are extremely powerful." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "OK, listen here. My instructor works in the Goron Village Cave. Come back here after he teaches you the proper use and then approves you to buy one." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||チュウゴロン (Chūgoron)||Medium Goron|