From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The Nintendo Gallery is a location in The Wind Waker.
The Gallery is located on a tall cylindrical island near the Forest Haven. Once Link finds a way inside, he'll meet Carlov who will carve a figurine of any enemy or person you want. All that is required for this is to show him a color Pictograph of the subject to be sculpted. These Pictographs must show enough of the subject for it to be sculpted: usually the whole body, but in certain cases where this isn't possible (as with Carlov), as much of the person as possible within the Pictograph is necessary. Without an acceptable Pictograph, Carlov cannot create the figurine. Manny, who stands near the entrance to the gallery before Link gains entry, can be seen loitering near Carlov's counter or walking around in the gallery.
The Nintendo Gallery is notorious for being extremely difficult to complete, as most mini-bosses and bosses are one-time-only enemies, meaning that if Link defeats them before getting a Pictograph of it (or worse, takes several Pictographs but none of them are acceptable enough for figurine-making), he is essentially barred from obtaining that figurine for the remainder of the game. However, in spite of popular belief, this quest is possible to complete on the first playthrough. There is no one-time-only figurine that cannot be obtained on the first playthrough, since Carlov accepts pictographs from the boss rematches in Ganon's Tower.
It is worth noting Lenzo the pictographer on Windfall Island will give Link pictographs of characters that are impossible to take pictures of (such as Jabun and Great Fairy) called Legendary Pictographs, so that it is possible to get their figurines as well. This does not count for characters in which the opportunity to take pictures of has been neglected.
The figurines take one day to make, and the process can be sped up using the "Song of Passing." The figurines are made out of a special material called Rainbow Stone, an extremely rare type of rock found only around Forest Haven.
|See the myth pertaining to this subject:|
- Main article: Figurines in The Wind Waker
* — Obtained via a Legendary Pictograph.
† — Automatically received with another figurine.
‡ — Obtained by taking a pictograph, saving the game, and then quitting.
! — May be missable after some point of the game.
Hall A: Forest Haven Figurines
Hall B: Dragon Roost Island Figurines
Hall C: Enemy Figurines
Hall D: Boss and Mini-boss Figurines
Hall E: Outset Island Figurines
Hall F: Windfall Island Figurines
Hall G: Great Sea Figurines
- Behind Carlov, there are masks on the wall from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. From left to right: Bunny Hood, the All-Night Mask, the Goron Mask, and the Keaton Mask.
- On the back counter behind Carlov there is a carving in progress resembling Anju from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
- Although it is called the Nintendo Gallery, the gallery only contains figures from The Wind Waker.
- A similar gallery, the Figurine Shop, can be found in The Minish Cap.
- It is impossible to get a figurine of a Beamos. If Link brings in a successful pictograph of one, the resulting figurine will be an Armos.
- In spite of popular belief, it is possible to take a pictograph of Ganondorf and have it made into a figure. Link can just let Ganon kill him once he has a good picture of him, save and continue, and it should have warped him into the main Phantom Ganon room of Ganon's Tower, which he can then exit to go visit the Nintendo Gallery with the pictograph of Ganondorf.
- ↑ "I think I should be done with this tomorrow. If you'd like, you can go ahead and take a look at our gallery in the meantime." — Carlov (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "How do you like my figurine? Isn't it marvelous? We do use only the highest quality material, after all, so I suppose it couldn't be anything less than lovely. You can make figurines out of many different materials, but I carve mine from rainbow stone—It's a special type of rock whose colors defy description. Rainbow stone is a very precious material, and it can only be found around here!" — Carlov (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|