North Clock Town
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|North Clock Town|
|Inhabitant(s)||Deku Scrubs, Great Fairy of Magic, Jim, Tingle|
|Item(s)||Pieces of Heart ×3, Great Fairy Mask, Blast Mask, Bombers' Notebook|
|Related place(s)||Clock Town|
North Clock Town is an area of Clock Town in Majora's Mask. It's a rather barren area, featuring little more than Clock Town's Great Fairy Fountain, a game to be played as a Deku Scrub, and several exits to other areas. Despite this, there are many things to do here.
Jim is the leader of the Bombers Gang, signified by his red bandanna (whereas every other bomber wears a blue bandanna). During the course of the game, he never leaves North Clock Town, and can usually be found shooting at a balloon featuring the image of Majora's Mask. If Link shoots this balloon, however, Jim will recognize his skill and ask to play a game of Hide n' Seek with him, the winning of which will earn Link a place in the Bombers. During this game, both Jim and Bomber 2 can be found in North Clock Town.
Great Fairy of Magic
Clock Town's Great Fairy, the Great Fairy of Magic, is located in the Fairy Fountain on the west side of North Clock Town. Upon meeting her the first time as Deku Link, she will provide him with the ability to use magic, allowing Deku Link to shoot bubbles, and other Links to do various extra tasks. After this meeting, if Link visits as his normal human self, the Great Fairy will supply him with the Great Fairy Mask.
- Main article: Deku Scrub Playground
Two Deku Scrubs run a minigame, located in the Deku Scrub Playground, every year in the days leading up to The Carnival of Time. Only Deku Scrubs are allowed to play the game, however, as it is heavily based on using Deku Flowers.
- Main article: Tingle
Tingle is here, ready to sell maps to Link. After his balloon is popped and he falls back down to the ground, Link can purchase the Clock Town and Woodfall maps for 5 and 40 Rupees, respectively.
Items and Features
- There's a Piece of Heart on top of a tree in the area. Link must jump onto the tree from the platform near it.
- A second Piece of Heart is found in the Deku Flower Game. By surpassing all three days' time records, a Piece of Heart is earned.
- A third Piece of Heart is earned by cutting the ring of moving grass while wearing the Keaton Mask. A Keaton will appear and ask questions to Link. By answering them correctly, he will be given a Piece of Heart.
- The Great Fairy's Mask is given to human Link from the Great Fairy of Magic.
- The Blast Mask is obtained here if Link stops Sakon from robbing the Old Lady from Bomb Shop at midnight on the First Day. Sakon must be attacked with a sword after he steals the merchandise.
- The Bombers' Notebook is given to Link from Jim after completing the Bombers' Hide n' Seek game.
- ↑ "I am the Great Fairy of Magic. I thought that masked child was helping me, and I grew careless. All I can offer you now is this: I shall grant you Magic Power as a sign of my gratitude. Please accept it!" — Great Fairy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Allow me to grant you something good so that the Stray Fairies will not fear you." — Great Fairy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We're open only until the carnival, which is the day after tomorrow." — Deku Scrub (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Norte de la Ciudad Reloj|
|French||Nord de Bourg-Clocher|
|Clock Town Areas|