From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The construct housing Fyer's cannon
The Oasis Flight is a mode of transportation in Twilight Princess.
Location and Uses
The Oasis Flight is a type of amusement ride that Fyer offers to Link in Lake Hylia. It houses a Cannon under its roof that can jettison the young hero to various places. Once Link enters it, the door shuts behind him and Fyer humorously operates a crank, setting the direction the young hero will be shot.
Until Link presents Auru's Memo to Fyer, the cannon only launches him to the Falbi's Flight by Fowl game area, which also counts as the only way back to the mainland from Lake Hylia besides transportation via the myrna bird, Plumm - which can only be utilized in Link's wolf form; and Midna's warping ability - which is also a technique only available to Wolf Link. Link receives his initial ride free, but it will cost him 10 Rupees for every ride after that. The free ride launches Link into the southern edge of the Gerudo Desert.
- The crank that Fyer operates to launch Link rotates cut-outs of Ooccas when in use.
- ↑ "Hrrrm... From old Auru, huh... Ah well, I guess I oughta do what the old coot says... Oasis flight...right? So here you go, one of our secret options not available to the general public..." — Fyer (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "You see Lake Hylia below us? A man named Fyer runs an amusement ride of sorts there. Give him this. See, long ago, I saved this man Fyer's life, and now he cannot refuse me if I ask a favor." — Auru (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Just give my note to Fyer, the man who runs the amusement ride in Lake Hylia. If you leave the rest to Fyer, all should go well." — Auru (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "All right then... But remember, next time, you gotta pay!" — Fyer (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Yeah, this time is free just 'cause I don't need to be getting an earful from the old fella later on. So then... One for the oasis flight!" — Fyer (Twilight Princess)