Oceanside Spider House
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The outside of the Spider House
|Location(s)||Great Bay Coast|
|Main Item||Piece of Heart|
|Quest Reward(s)||Giant Wallet|
The Oceanside Spider House is a place found in Majora's Mask.
The place is located near the Fisherman's house in the Great Bay Coast. It's full of Gold Skulltulas that have cast a curse upon this place. In order to get to the inner part of the Spider House, the entrance must be blown up using bombs (and the Hookshot is required to proceed further).
The Oceanside Spider House bears a greater resemblance to an actual house than its Southern Swamp counterpart, the Swamp Spider House, albeit a very abandoned one, full of storage boxes and cobwebs. When Link first enters the house, he finds himself in an empty room. However, by blowing up the cracked wall before him, a passage is revealed that leads to a hidden basement with another entrance to the rest of the house. The first room after the basement entrance is a corridor with a stairway down and three rooms. A great library is located on the first basement floor, while the second basement floor holds a storage room and a dining room. Incidentally, the latter is inhabited by four Stalchildren sitting by a large table, while another two can also be found in the library. By speaking to them using the Captain's Hat, it is revealed that they are under orders to investigate the secrets of the place. In addition, each of the six Stalchildren will reveal a piece of information that is required to solve a puzzle in the dining room. When Link solves this puzzle, a gateway will open within the dining room's fireplace, revealing a secret chamber where a Piece of Heart can be found.
Possibly the most intriguing mystery surrounding the Oceanside Spider House is the presence of pictures of Skull Kid within the house. It is never elaborated on as to why these pictures are here, nor even referenced by anyone within the house, even Tatl. The only purpose they serve is to be shot down to potentially reveal a hidden Gold Skulltula.
Once the 30 Gold Skulltulas are slain and their spirits collected, a man will appear at the entrance, who will ask if he can have the house. He can be witnessed appearing if the player saves one of the spiders by the entrance until last. Assuming that it's still the First Day, Link will be rewarded with the Giant Wallet. On the Second Day, he will merely receive a Purple Rupee, and on the Final Day, the reward is simply a Red Rupee. The man wants to use the Oceanside Spider House as a shelter from the falling moon. Incidentally, if Link re-enters the house, the man will now be sitting crouched up on the basement floor, praying for the Goddess of Time to save him.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The man seeking the shelter is the boy who is on the top of the Carnival Tower on the First Day. If Link collects all of the Gold Skulltula Tokens, the man disappears from Clock Town.
- That man resembles one of the children from the Skulltula Family.
- The house itself can be seen, alongside the Fisherman's Hut, in the background of Super Smash Bros. Melee's Great Bay stage.
Table with four Stalchildren seated
- ↑ "Ah! Captain, sir! It's been a long time since we've seen you! As you have ordered, sir, we are investigating the secrets of this place." — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "This place... Is this some sort of underground shelter? [...] I beg you! Let me have this place! Not for free, of course. I hope this will do..." — Man (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Only a little time left... Oh, Goddess of Time, please save me..." — Man (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||海のクモ館 (Umi no Kumo Yakata)|
|Spanish||Casa de las Arañas de la Playa|
|French||Maison des Araignées de la Côte|
|German||Spinnerhaus am Meer|