|Title||General of Darkness|
|Game(s)||Oracle of Seasons|
|Weakness(es)||Sword, Sword Spin|
Onox is one of two main antagonists in Oracle of Seasons. He calls himself the "General of Darkness", and wishes to ruin the land of Holodrum in accordance with the wishes of his master, Twinrova. To do this, Onox has been tasked with the burden of capturing the Oracle of Seasons and submerging the Temple of Seasons. Although Onox appears to be an armored being like an Iron Knuckle, his true form is that of a dragon, summoned from the Dark Realm.
By capturing Din, the Oracle of Seasons and encasing her in crystal, Onox is able to submerge the Temple of Seasons into Subrosia and throw the flow of the seasons into chaos, resulting in the damage of the land and the weakening of the Maku Tree. To counter these drastic events, Link sets out on a quest to obtain the Essences of Nature, which allow him to enter Onox's Castle on the Northern Peak to face him, and revert his dastardly deeds.
Battle and Ultimatum
After gaining each and every one of the Essences of Nature, Link makes his way to the Northern Peak, where he uses their power to bust into Onox's Castle, breaking the protective barrier Onox had placed upon its entrance to bar intruders. Link faces Onox in two segments, the first in his natural form, using the comatose Din within a crystal to shield himself from Link's attacks. Before Link can defeat Onox, however, he reveals his second, true form to Link, Dark Dragon. Although larger and stronger than anything Link had fought in his journey thus far, Link is still able to pull the plug on the General of Darkness. However, rather than cursing his own fate, Onox mocks Link as he dies, revealing that the Flame of Destruction has been lit, and Twinrova's grand scheme is one step closer to fruition.
If Link has already saved Nayru from Veran's clutches in Oracle of Ages, when Link reaches Onox at the top of the Onox's Castle, Onox will reveal to Link that Zelda is already being prepared for sacrifice, so that Ganon can return.
Onox deals out massive physical damage with his attacks. His armor also blocks normal attacks with the sword, so Link must use Spin Attacks to get through. Onox's range of attack normally does not reach beyond the Ball and Chain Soldier, but he is also capable of bringing down a barrage of rocks from the ceiling, and summoning multiple tornadoes. Partway into the battle, Onox will summon a frozen Din as his shield. The Rod of Seasons must be used to knock Din away, or Link will be electrocuted whenever he attacks Onox. Despite this, Din, will always drift back to Onox eventually. After Onox is defeated again, he will transform into Dark Dragon. From here, Link must jump onto Dark Dragon's hands, then attack the gem on Dark Dragon's head.
- Onox's brass armor is emblazoned with the Symbol of his master's people.
- Onox's name is misspelled twice in the Linked Game of Oracle of Ages as Knox. The first time is when Twinrova anounces that the three flames are now lit, saying that the Flames of Sorrow and Destruction were lit by "Veran and Knox". Later, when battling Twinrova, she announces that she will "not fall like Knox or Veran". Curiously, this does not occur in the Linked Game of Oracle of Seasons.
- Onox's name may be a phonic reference to Onyx, a hard mineral known for its black variety.
Onox as he appears in the Oracle of Seasons manga.
- "Hya, ha ha ha! You hid yourself well, Din, Oracle of Seasons! But you cannot escape Onox, General of Darkness!" — Onox (Oracle of Seasons)
- "As you know, if I imprison the Oracle of Seasons and bury the temple that houses the Season Spirits, the seasons of Holodrum will be cast into chaos, the bountiful gifts of nature will rot, and all living this will perish!!! That is the world of darkness that I long for!" — Onox (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Gwah hah hah! I was summoned from the Dark Realm by Twinrova! See my true form! Feel the might of a dark dragon!" — Onox
- "Down, Temple of Seasons!!! Spring, summer, fall, winter... Fall into chaos!" — Onox (Oracle of Seasons)
- "What's to be done, Link? With the seasons in chaos, the land is robbed of the very essence of nature, draining all of might!" — Maku Tree (male) (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I sense evil on the Northern Peak, where the Temple of Seasons rested! Onox has cast a shadow on the Northern Peak. I think you will find him there. You'll need the eight Essences of Nature that lie sleeping in Holodrum. Gathering all eight is the only option. The essences possess the sacred power of nature, with which you can break the shadow barrier and save Din." — Maku Tree (male) (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Gah, hah, hah! Not bad at all! But I'm done toying with you! I will now show you my true might!!!" — Onox
- "Gurrrgh...no... It's too late. My orders were to capture Din and deliver the destructive power of a seasonless land to Twinrova. Now, as the Flame of Destruction, that power is set to devour this land! Gah, hah, hah..." — Onox
- "It's too late, Link. Zelda--our sacrifice--is in our grasp Soon no one will be able to stop the return of Ganon . Even you shall be destroyed--by Onox!" — Onox
- "The Flames of Sorrow and Destruction have been lit by Veran and Knox! Now the loss of Zelda fills all with dispair!" — Twinrova
- "But I shall not fall like Knox and Veran! See my true power!" — Twinrova
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Onox, General de las Tinieblas|