The map of the Ordona Province
|Related place(s)|| Ordon Village|
Ordona Province is part of the province system of Twilight Princess. It is located at the southern end of the Hyrule map and is by far the smallest province in the game. The province includes Ordon Village, Ordon Ranch, and the Ordon Woods. It is connected by a bridge to the Faron Province, located just north of the Ordon Woods, all of it being watched over by the Spirit of Light Ordona.
Ordona is not considered part of Hyrule by some, such as Shad and Rusl, but it is never specifically made clear if Ordona is part of Hyrule or not. It is implied that Ordona and Hyrule are separate, by the fact that although there is a Light spirit dedicated to it, it was never covered by Twilight. However, this could also be because Wolf Link killed the Shadow Beast when it arrived, before it could steal the light spirit's light. Moreover, Coro refers to Link as "Ordonian". It also seems that the Ordona Province exports food to the other provinces, such as Ordon Goat Cheese and Ordon Pumpkins, as seen when Link finds these products in the Snowpeak Ruins.
Near the beginning of the game, Link is asked to deliver a sword to the Royal Family of Hyrule, which seems to be a special occasion. However, before Link can even leave the Ordona Province to go to Hyrule, he is knocked unconscious by King Bulblin and his Bulblin minions, all the while Ilia and the rest of the Ordon children, Malo, Talo, and Beth, get kidnapped. This eventually leads Link to stumble into the entrance of the Faron Province, which is now covered in Twilight, where he gets pulled in by a Shadow Beast and marks the beginning of his adventure.
Once Link as a wolf escapes his imprisonment from Hyrule Castle using Midna's help, he returns to the Ordona Province, where he awakens as the hero chosen by the goddesses and learns of Zant's intentions to rule Hyrule using the power of the Twilight.
During the ending credits, it is revealed that Link, along with Epona, departs from the province to go on another journey.
- The name "Ordona" is only used in the English versions of Twilight Princess; every other region uses variations of the Japanese name, ラトアーヌ (Ratoānu), also transliterated as "Latoan." The name "Latoan" can also be found written on the map in Hylian.
- "Oh, no, I don't believe he's from Hyrule proper at all. No, my understanding is that he's from the small neighboring province of Ordona." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- "I was supposed to deliver something to the royal family of Hyrule the day after tomorrow... Yes, it was a task set to me by the mayor, but...would you go in my stead? You have...never been to Hyrule, right?" — Rusl (Twilight Princess)
- "Whoa! An Ordonian! Hey, guy!" — Coro (Twilight Princess)
- "You got the Ordon pumpkin! This pumpkin was grown in your hometown of Ordon." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "You got the Ordon goat cheese! This cheese is made from milk from Ordon goats." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ラトアーヌ地方 (Ratoānu Chihou)||Latoan Province|
|Italian||Terre di Ratane|