From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The Overworld Magnet
|Other media||Animated series|
|Use(s)||Can bring things down to the Underworld or push them back up to the overworld|
The Overworld Magnet is an item featured in the "That Sinking Feeling" episode of the Zelda animated series. Found by a Goriya in the furthest cave of the Underworld, the magnet has the power to bring whatever is on the surface down into the underworld, including castles. According to Ganon, the Overworld Magnet is one of the greatest spells of the ancient wizards.
In the episode, Ganon orders a Goriya to use the magnet to bring Link and Princess Zelda into the underworld, but when that fails, he decides to sink North Castle down so that he may obtain the Triforce of Wisdom within it. However, since Zelda had already taken the Triforce with her, his plan ends up failing. Eventually Link and Zelda arrive in Ganon's lair, and when Link uses a Magic Bracelet to throw Ganon far away, he lands on the Overworld Magnet and knocks it over, causing it to push the castle back up to the surface. The magnet ends up overloading and eventually explodes in Ganon's face.
- ↑ "Goriya search everwhere, Ganon. Overworld Magnet buried in furthest cave of Underworld, just like your magic tell you." — Goriya (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 5 )
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "One of the greatest spells of the ancient wizards, and now, it's mine! But where are Link and Zelda?" — Ganon (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 5 )
- ↑ "I have captured the castle, and with it, the Triforce of Wisdom! Now I can conquer Hyrule, destroy that pipsqueak Link, and make Zelda my queen." — Ganon (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 5 )
- ↑ "The castle! It's going back up!" — Link (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 5 )
- ↑ "Oh no, it's overloading! It's going to blow!" — Ganon (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 5 )