From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
In Majora's Mask, Pamela is the name of a young girl who lives with her father in the Music Box House within Ikana Canyon. She is apparently very mature for her age, worrying and looking out for her father while he conducts all his research on supernatural phenomena.
Pamela and her father moved from Clock Town to Ikana Canyon in order for her father to research the ghosts and spirits that haunt the Ikana Valley. While studying Gibdos, he discovered a song entitled Farewell to Gibdos that drives away the mummified creatures in an instant, effectively keeping them away from their house. One day, however, he tried to go into the nearby well and was cursed, which gradually caused him to start taking the form of a Gibdo. Frightened, Pamela shoved her father in a closet in their basement and promised to protect him from any further harm. Shortly after this event, however, the water stopped flowing from the Spring Water Cave up north due to Sharp's curse, causing the Gibdo-repel music to stop functioning. The Gibdos from the well began to surround her house, searching for Pamela's Father thinking that he is one of them. This forces Pamela to keep her door locked at all times, this way protecting her father from the mummified monsters endlessly parading her house.
When Link first approaches her home in an attempt to go inside, Pamela refuses to open the door to Link, thinking that he is a Gibdo trying go in and take her father away. The young hero eventually discovers the cause of the river drought and cleanses the dark soul of Sharp, one of the Composer Brothers, who had placed a curse on the Spring Water Cave and prevented the water from flowing. After Link restores the flow, the waterwheel begins to turn, generating enough power for the music box to play the song Farewell to Gibdos and force the Gibdos to retreat from her house.
Unfortunately, Pamela seems to be suffering some kind of after-shock. When Link approaches her house, she runs away and goes inside her home and won't allow entry to Link. However, Link is able to trick Pamela to coming outside so he can get in. When he enters the basement of the house, he finds Pamela's Father in a mummified-state. After Link heals the man's soul and lifts the curse, a very touching cutscene will play of Pamela and her father hugging, with the latter not knowing of the events that have happened.
Once Link returns after saving Pamela's Father, she will thank him for what he has done, but reveals that her father does not know that Link was the one who healed his curse. Moreover, she mentions that she does not want the young hero to meet her father, for she is afraid that if he notices Link's strange powers, he will want to research all about it and start doing crazy things.
During the ending credits, Pamela is seen playing with her father outside of their home.
- If Link wears the Gibdo Mask or a morph mask in front of Pamela, she will scream and promptly kick him out of her house.
- ↑ "I am the famed academic who researches fairies, ghosts and similar so-called supernatural phenomena." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Once he calms down a bit, I think I'll try convincing him to quit researching in this dangerous place and to go back to town." — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "By the way, the song, Farewell to Gibdos, which the music box is now playing, drives away Gibdos. I discovered it after many years of researching Gibdos." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I even tried to go into that well once myself... Strangely enough, though, I don't remember anything that happened there." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Those inssside...Our friendsss... Brrrriiiiinnnng them!" — A Gibdo (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Keep away from our house! My father is not one of you!" — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "With my brother's song, you have broken the curse that was placed upon me. It is all thanks to you." — Sharp (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "What have I been doing this whole time?" — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Um...What you did for my father... Thank you. But... You helping us...It's a secret from my father." — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Your strange power...If father sees that, he'll surely want to research it. That's why... I don't really want...you to meet my father... I'm sorry to say such a thing..." — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|