|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
Oracle of Seasons
Deku Nut (Makes poes reappear if used when invisible)
The Poe Sisters are four Poe siblings that haunt and torment their respective residences, due to the unrelenting restlessness of their souls.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Poe Sisters were four ghostly siblings named Joelle, Beth, Amy, and Meg. They haunted the Forest Temple for many years until Link was able to put their souls to rest. When defeated, each yielded a different colored flame that illuminated a torch at the center of the temple. When all four torches were lit, Link was granted access to the temple's basement, where the boss, Phantom Ganon, awaited Link's arrival.
In Majora's Mask, they haunt the Spirit House of Ikana. They serve as four optional mini-bosses, and can be fought by paying the Poe Collector thirty Rupees. Link only has three minutes to defeat them, and his life cannot drop below three Hearts or else the Poe Collector stops the match. The reward for defeating them is a Piece of Heart.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, two unnamed Poe Sisters serve as the mini-bosses of the Explorer's Crypt (in the Japanese version, they are named マーガレット (Margaret) and エイミー (Amy)). One carries a lantern, leaving a trail of fire as it flies around, while the other carries a sword that it charges at Link with. Each of them are first seen in rooms that gradually darken, eventually casting Link back to the dungeon entrance if he is too slow to flee the room. They then appear in rooms next to the room they had cursed, where Link fights one of them. Finally, they fight together, forcing Link to not only attack them, but also relight the lamps they extinguish, lest he be expelled back to the dungeon entrance.
- The names of the four Poe Sisters in Ocarina of Time are the names of the sisters in the book Little Women.
- It is possible to take the Poe Sisters out of their invisibility (even when they perform the lantern twirl) by using a Deku Nut in Ocarina of Time. However, there is only a short time before they try to do the lantern twirl again.
- In Twilight Princess, there are four large Poes that differ in appearance from every other Poe in the game, found in Arbiter's Grounds. Like the Poe Sisters of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Link must defeat all four Poes to gain access to a further section of the dungeon.
- In Phantom Hourglass, Link must rescue the four Cubus Sisters on board the Ghost Ship. It is then revealed to him that they are in fact the Diabolical Cubus Sisters (resembling the appearance and colors of the Ocarina of Time Poe Sisters).
- "Joelle – one of the Poe Sisters! Aim for her when she appears!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Beth – one of the Poe Sisters! Aim for her when she appears!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Amy – one of the Poe Sisters! Aim for her when she appears!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Meg – one of the Poe Sisters! If she splits into multiple images, you have to figure out which one is the real one." — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "A torch is lit! That's because you beat a ghost, isn't it?!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Defeat the ladies within the time limit and rest their souls in peace. But if your life energy drops below three hearts, I will stop the match. Mercy is the least I can offer." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "It seems their souls have been healed. I give to you the earthly possession which the ladies kept. Take it, Link." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||四姉妹の幽霊 (Yon Shimai no Yūrei)||Four Ghost Sisters|
|Spanish||Hermanas Poe (OoT3D)|
|French||Confrérie des Esprits||Sisterhood of Spirits|
|French||Sororité des esprits (OoT3D)||Sisterhood of Spirits|