|Cost(s)|| 100 Rupees (Goron Powder Keg Shop)|
50 Rupees (Bomb Shop)
|Use(s)||Blow up large boulders|
|Comparable Item(s)|| Barrel|
The Powder Keg is an item in Majora's Mask.
Location and Uses
The Powder Keg is the most famous of the Gorons' products and a much stronger version of the regular Bomb. Powder Kegs may be purchased either at the Goron Powder Keg Shop in the Goron Village, or from a Goron in Clock Town's Bomb Shop, for 100 Rupees and 50 Rupees, respectively. Link can only purchase and carry the Kegs while as Goron Link, and must first pass a certification test that will permit him to buy and use Powder Kegs. This test is taken at the Goron Powder Keg Shop, which is only open once its entrance is thawed by the coming of spring, or by alternately firing a Fire Arrow at it. Inside, Medigoron will give Link a certification test. The test involves taking a Powder Keg with an extra long fuse from the Goron Village to the Goron Racetrack entrance, which is blocked by a large boulder. Link needs to use the Powder Keg to destroy it to pass the test. Once completed, Link must return to Medigoron to get the Certification, which is kept even when going back in time.
Powder Kegs possess devastating explosive power, and as such can be used to destroy obstacles too tough for regular Bombs to handle. It can be used to clear the path to the Romani Ranch on either the First or Second Day, and is necessary to blow a hole in the roof of the Ikana Castle, as well as to open the entrance to the Goron Racetrack. Because of their dangerous nature, Link is only allowed to carry one Powder keg at a time, as both merchants will refuse to sell him more if he is already carrying one. Once lit, the Powder Keg will explode when its fuse burns out. However, Link can make it explode immediately by shooting an Arrow at the it.
- "I'm the Goron who sells the Powder Keg, the most famous product of the Gorons." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "The rules say I can't sell Powder Kegs to anyone who isn't a Goron. Sorry." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "If you can destroy the boulder that blocks the entrance to the Goron Racetrack near here using the Powder Keg I'm about to give you, then I'll approve you to carry them." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "You can carry only one Powder Keg at a time. Once you've used it, come back." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Powder Kegs are very volatile, so you can carry only one at a time. If you shoot them with an arrow, they'll explode as soon as they're hit, so be careful." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||大バクダン (Dai Bakudan)||Large Bomb|
|Spanish||Barril de Pólvora||Barrel of Powder|
|French||Baril de Poudre||Barrel of Powder|