An aggressive and a docile Remlit
|Special Characteristic(s)||Amicable by day; aggressive by night|
Remlits are an animal species found in Skyloft in Skyward Sword.
Remlits are well-mannered in the day and will follow Link around if he picks them and then set them down again. They will flee, however, if he takes out a weapon. Remlits will make sounds that are akin to a cat's meow or purr when picked up and carried around. If thrown off the side of Skyloft, they will use their ears as wings to fly right back up. They exhibit aggressive behavior at night, prowling in the dark along with other creatures. These Remlits attack Link by leaping at him, but will cower after being struck a few times. If Link picks them up while they are cowering, they will start to attack again. Remlits cannot be defeated.
After Link turns Batreaux into a human, Remlits cease their aggressive tendencies.
Mia is a beige Remlit belonging to Zelda and Gaepora that has a habit of scampering off. Link can help Horwell find Mia at the beginning of the game. During the night when Link chases Fi, she also becomes aggressive. Horwell keeps a scratching post set in his room for Mia to play with while he is watching her.
- Sprinkling Glittering Spores on a Remlit will stun it and cause it to fall back and then run away as if attacked normally.
- During the day, the Remlits of Skyloft (except Mia) reside in a small flower bed area to the Statue of the Goddess's right, where they can be seen resting. This area can be accessed only after Link acquires the Clawshots and before the Goddess Statue returns to the surface near the end of the game. During night, these Remlits leave this area and roam Skyloft.
| Names in Other Regions
Concept art of an aggressive Remlit
- ↑ "Such an odd creature, the Remlit. She may look cuddly now, but at night, it's another story entirely!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "When night falls here in Skyloft, creatures like this Remlit become possessed by an evil force. And monsters that hide in caves during the day make their way out and prowl in the dark of night." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "These small animals dwell in Skyloft. Due to Batreaux's transformation into a human, they no longer exhibit aggressive tendencies at night." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "This gives me pause... The usual monsters that prowl Skyloft at night are nowhere to be seen, and the Remlits no longer show aggressive behavior. What could have happened?" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Look, Link! Though night has come, Mia exhibits none of the nocturnal aggressiveness we've come to expect in Remlits! It's just amazing!" — Horwell (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "You see, Zelda's father--Headmaster Gaepora--has a pet named Mia, and, well...she's scampered off again. [...] Will you help me out and go retrieve Mia for me?" — Horwell (Skyward Sword)