From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
An aggressive Remlit at night and a docile Remlit
|Special Characteristic(s)||Cat-like appearance|
They are well-mannered in the day and will follow Link around if he gets near them. They will flee, however, if he takes out a weapon. They exhibit aggressive behavior at night, prowling in the dark along with other evil creatures. These Remlits will not hesitate to attack Link by leaping at him, but will cower after being struck a few times. If Link picks them up while they're cowering, they will start to attack again. After Link turns Batreaux into a human, the Remlits stop being aggressive and monsters no longer walk at night.
Mia is a beige Remlit belonging to Zelda and Gaepora that has a habit of scampering off. Link can help Horwell find Mia at the beginning of the game. During the night when Link chases Fi, he sees Mia again, but to his surprise, even she has become aggressive.
- Link can throw Remlits off the edge of Skyloft in either of their forms.
- Remlits have the ability to fly in both forms, as they can flap their floppy ears to gain altitude.
- Remlits are one of the few enemies that can't be killed.
- Horwell keeps a scratching post set in his room for Mia to play with while he is watching her.
- Sprinkling Glittering Spores on a Remlit will stun it and cause it to fall back and then run away as if attacked normally.
- During the day, the Remlits of Skyloft (except Mia) reside in a small flower bed area to the Statue of the Goddess's right, where they can be seen resting. This area can be accessed only from the point Link acquires the Clawshots to the point where the Goddess Statue returns to the surface near the end of the game. During night, these Remlits leave this area and roam Skyloft.
Concept art of a Remlit from Hyrule Historia
- ↑ "Such an odd creature, the Remlit. She may look cuddly now, but at night, it's another story entirely!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "When night falls here in Skyloft, creatures like this Remlit become possessed by an evil force. And monsters that hide in caves during the day make their way out and prowl in the dark of night." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "These small animals dwell in Skyloft. Due to Batreaux's transformation into a human, they no longer exhibit aggressive tendencies at night." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "This gives me pause... The usual monsters that prowl Skyloft at night are nowhere to be seen, and the Remlits no longer show aggressive behavior. What could have happened?" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Look, Link! Though night has come, Mia exhibits none of the nocturnal aggressiveness we've come to expect in Remlits! It's just amazing!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "You see, Zelda's father--Headmaster Gaepora--has a pet named Mia, and, well...she's scampered off again. [...] Will you help me out and go retrieve Mia for me?" — Horwell (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|