Royal Hyrule Library
|Royal Hyrule Library|
The outside of the Royal Library
|Game(s)||The Minish Cap|
|Inhabitant(s)|| Maggie and Paige|
|Item(s)|| Library Books|
|Related place(s)||Hyrule Town|
The Royal Hyrule Library is a location in The Minish Cap.
Features and Overview
Situated in the northwestern corner of Hyrule Town, the Royal Hyrule Library remains closed until after Link receives the Ocarina of Wind from the Fortress of Winds and uses it to warp to the Wind Crest in Lake Hylia. There, Link must talk to the Forest Minish, who tells Link that to enter the Temple of Droplets, he must speak to Librari in the Library, as he is the only Minish who managed to make his way into the Temple. The Minish also tells Link that the Royal Hyrule Library should be opening shortly, indicating that the young hero may enter it.
When the Royal Hyrule Library reopens, Link is welcomed by Maggie, who recognizes the young hero as Smith's grandson. Maggie is in charge of book returns, which has proved problematic for her. Paige introduces herself as the person responsible for checking out books, declaring that the book returns are not her problem, but sympathizes with Maggie's predicament. Klaus can be found inside the library wondering what he should check out.
On the second floor of the Royal Hyrule Library waits Sturgeon, who tells Link that the books have been moving seemingly on their own accord, unaware of the Minish influence. Sturgeon is a potential target for Kinstone Fusion, and if Link successfully fuses Kinstones with him, the pond in the northwestern section of Hyrule Castle Garden will dry up, allowing Link to descend the newly-revealed stairway into the chamber to receive the Piece of Heart housed within.
If Link becomes Minish-sized and enters the bookcase that Sturgeon is standing by, the young hero will discover a Minish settlement within the bookcase. A Library Minish will tell Link that because some humans have checked out books and failed to return them, Elder Librari is stranded on the upper levels of the bookshelf. She asks for Link to find out where they are from Maggie and retrieve them. Link can also fuse Kinstones with this Library Minish, causing a Treasure Chest to appear in the playground garden of the Funday School. Another Library Minish will complain that the books are missing, but celebrates the fact that because of it, she doesn't have to listen to Librari's "boring old stories."
When Link speaks to Maggie, she will direct Link to Julietta, who is overdue on A Hylian Bestiary. Once Link returns A Hylian Bestiary, Maggie will thank Link and send him after Legend of the Picori, which is in the possession of Dr. Left.
Link is required to visit the library as he's searching for a way to enter the Temple of Droplets since Elder Librari, a Minish who has retired and now lives in the top floor of the library, knows of a way to enter the temple. However, since the library is known to have trouble with people returning their Library Books, Link cannot talk to the elder since several humans took the books and haven't returned them, impeding the way to the Elder Librari. As such, Link must speak to Maggie, the brown-haired librarian, who will tell him who has the three books that are missing. The first was borrowed by Julietta, the second by Dr. Left and the third by Mayor Hagen.
Once Link retrieves the three books and returns them to Maggie, she will give them to Sturgeon, the person in charge for putting books back on the shelves. With this done, Link can now climb the books as a Minish, speak to Librari, and obtain the Flippers after passing his trial.
|Library (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
||The Royal Hyrule Library. Although the library is well loved, many forget to return their books, causing no end of trouble for the librarians.|
- "I came here to check out a book. They're supposed to be open by now, I wonder what's going on..." — Klaus (The Minish Cap)
- "Oh, ho! A visitor! How rare! But you have found me, the wisest of the wisest of the wise! You what? You want to enter the temple you can see in the lake? They call that place the Temple of Droplets. I have heard rumors that one Minish actually did find a way in, long ago... That Minish is Elder Librari, and he is in semi-retirement in the town library. The library should be opening soon. Perhaps you can go find him." — Forest Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Yes, the elder Librari once found an entrance to the Temple of Droplets. And now, he lives in the town library! And this is all the wisdom of the wisest of the wise I have to offer to you!" — Forest Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Welcome to the library! hey! Aren't you Smith's grandson, Link? Enjoy your browsing!" — Maggie (The Minish Cap)
- "Although the library is well loved, many forget to return their books, causing no end of trouble for the librarians." — Figurine Description (The Minish Cap)
- "I'm in charge of checking out books, so it's not my problem. Still, I feel really bad for the girl over there in charge of returns..." — Paige (The Minish Cap)
- "Wonder what I should check out today." — Klaus (The Minish Cap)
- "Sometimes, these books move on their own! I've seen it with my own two eyes! An' don't tell me I'm crazy! I ain't crazy!" — Sturgeon (The Minish Cap)
- "Hey, hey, hey! This is no good! No good at all! The humans have checked some books out of the library! Thanks to them, none of us can get back to Elder Librari... How will he get by all alone? I'm so worried... I'm sure the librarian knows something about where those books went... I wish I were big. Why, I'd walk up and ask her where those books went!" — Library Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "We can't get up the shelf, because some human checked that book out! But at least we don't have to listen to Elder Librari's boring old stories!" — Library Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Hm? The books missing from the bookshelf on the second floor? Yes, they've been checked out for quite a while. They're VERY overdue! Take A Hyrulean Bestiary, for example. Been gone for ages. Checked out by a girl with a cat. She said she had a new cat at her house. Wanted to learn more about it, she did." — Maggie (The Minish Cap)
- "Hey! Look at that! Our long-lost copy of A Hyrulean Bestiary! Link, are you returning this book?! Thank you so much! I can't begin to describe how much I'm looking forward to putting this back!" — Maggie (The Minish Cap)
- "The next overdue book is... Let's see... Ah, yes! Of course...Legend of the Picori! It's been out forever! It was checked out by a somewhat absentminded scholar, I believe..." — Maggie (The Minish Cap)
- "You what? You want to enter the Temple of Droplets? I have heard rumors that one Minish actually did find a way in, long ago... That Minish is Elder Librari, and he is in semi-retirement in the town library." — Minish in Lake Hylia (The Minish Cap)
- "Nobody ever returns the books they check out from the library." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "Hey, hey, hey! This is no good! No good at all! A human borrowed a book, and now none of us can get back to Elder Librari! How will he get by all alone? I'm so worried... I'm sure the librarian knows something about where those books went... But there's nothing we wee Minish can do about it!" — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "You know, Link, you've now returned all of our overdue books! Now I can finally get that bookshelf on the second floor in order! Hey, Sturgeon! Books to shelve!!" — Librarian (The Minish Cap)
- "Wohoho! Wasn't that fantastic? Now then... It's up to you to pass this trial safely and recover the tool you need. Oh, what fun! I do so love the real nitty-gritty of adventuring!" — Librari (The Minish Cap)