|Location(s)||Hyrule Castle Town|
|Main Prize||Bigger Quivers|
15 for second game
20 for time trial
|Theme Music||File:S.T.A.R. Game.ogg|
The STAR Game is located in a circus tent in a back alleyway just off West Castle Town Road. It is also accessible through the lower left alleyway of South Castle Town Road, as well. In order to play properly, at least one Clawshot is needed, as many of the light orbs which Link must collect are suspended in the air, unreachable by jumping.
The STAR Game comes in a total of three variations:
- Clawshot Game: The default game that is given once Link arrives in Hyrule Castle Town for the first time. The object of the game is to collect the scattered light orbs within the time limit provided. Although it is possible to win this round without the aid of the Clawshot, it is extremely difficult, as many of the orbs hang out of reach of a standard Link jump. After beating this round, Link will be given an upgrade for his quiver.
- Double Clawshot Game: The subsequent game given to challengers after they complete the original Clawshot game. Of course, this version raises the difficulty level so much that the Double Clawshot is almost imperative for victory (it is possible, however very difficult to complete without a second Clawshot). Most if not all orbs are suspended in mid-air, and there are no ledges like in the first game to use as jumping posts. If all of the orbs are retrieved within 1 minute, 30 seconds, then a second Quiver upgrade will be given to Link as a reward.
- Time Trial Game: This game is offered only after completion of the Double Clawshot Game. This game maintains the original schematics of the Double Clawshot Game, but the time limit has been reset to Link's personal best time, as achieved in the Double Clawshot Game. If Link manages to best the STAR Game a third time, bragging rights will be awarded. After completion of the Double Clawshot Game, Link is able to come back to the circus tent any time he likes to challenge his personal record.
A strategy to win is that, when using the Clawshot or Double Clawshot to reach the light orbs, Link must try to collect as many light orbs in one pass as possible. At the beginning of the second challenge, it will be easy to see which way to go next, as the light orbs will be in a line going away from Link, making an easy path to follow. At the end of the second challenge, Link should Clawshot his way to the very center of the top of the cage, and lower himself down (or let go of the Clawshot) to get the remaining light orbs.
- The three spectators, Kili, Hannah and Misha can be talked to outside of the tent (and while Link is playing the STAR Game). If the Clawshot Game is beaten, instead of talking, they scream in excitement and drop a Heart each, after this they follow Link until he walks to another part of Castle Town.
- By looking at their respective outfit and hair colors, it can be seen that Kili, Hannah, and Misha are analogous to the Golden Goddesses.