The Southern Swamp in Majora's Mask 3D
|Inhabitant(s)|| Cursed Man|
Deku Royal Family
Swamp Tourist Center Guide
Koume and Kotake
|Item(s)||Pieces of Heart ×3|
|Related place(s)||Woodfall Temple|
|Theme Music||File:Southern Swamp.ogg|
Southern Swamp is the name of the southern area of Termina in Majora's Mask. It is home to the Deku Scrubs and is ruled by a fierce Deku King who resides in the Deku Palace. When Link first enters Southern Swamp, the water is poisoned due to the curse of the Woodfall Temple.
There is a second entrance leading into the swamp that is accessible through a river in Ikana Canyon.
Locations and Features
Swamp Tourist Center
- Main article: Swamp Tourist Center
The Swamp Tourist Center, which is located right at the center of the Southern Swamp, holds a special Swamp Boat Cruise; however, since Koume, the person in charge, has gone missing, the cruise is on hold. When Link rescues the old lady from the woods, the boat cruise will be running again, and Link can take it to reach the Deku Palace. It is open on all hours.
Magic Hags' Potion Shop
- Main article: Magic Hags' Potion Shop
The sorceress sisters Koume and Kotake operate the Magic Hags' Potion Shop, which is located between the entrance to Southern Swamp and the Woods of Mystery. It is open from 6 AM to 6 PM. Link must visit the Potion Shop and report to Kotake that her sister is injured in the Woods of Mystery, to which Kotake will give him a Bottle with Red Potion so that he can take it to Koume and heal her.
Woods of Mystery
- Main article: Woods of Mystery
Past the Magic Hags' Potion Shop is the Woods of Mystery, a maze-like area where Koume is injured due to an attack by the Skull Kid. Link must travel to the Woods of Mystery and give Koume a Red Potion to revitalize her, who will in turn offer Link a free boat cruise ride to the Deku Palace.
Swamp Spider House
- Main article: Swamp Spider House
Located in one of the areas of Southern Swamp is the Swamp Spider House. Link must collect all thirty Gold Skulltula Tokens here to lift the curse from the Cursed Man and to receive the Mask of Truth.
- Main article: Deku Palace
Deku Palace is situated deep within the Southern Swamp and is where the entire Deku Royal Family can be found. Link will only be granted entry as Deku Link, and even then is only authorized to enter the hall and Royal Chamber. The gardens are heavily patrolled by Deku guards, and will kick Link out of the palace if they catch him, even as a Deku.
- Main article: Woodfall
Woodfall is a murky bog that is home to the submerged Woodfall Temple. Its poisonous waters make it difficult for Link to get around the area; he must carefully walk on top of the planks and use the Deku Flower of defeated Deku Scrubs in order to reach a raised altar where playing the "Sonata of Awakening" will raise the forgotten temple from beneath the water.
Pieces of Heart
- There is a Piece of Heart found in the gardens on the left side of the hall leading to the inner throne room of the Deku Palace. There are multiple ways to go about attaining it. The most difficult method is through sneaking past the guards and getting to the end unseen; this is easier to do at night, during which their range of vision is represented by a series of dots. Link can also drop into the area from above to obtain it en route to the Monkey's cage. Alternatively, defeating Odolwa permits full access to the palace; thus, the guards will not throw Link out.
- On top of the Swamp Tourist Center is a Piece of Heart, which can be accessed by presenting the Business Scrub with the Clock Town Title Deed and using the Deku Flower to reach the roof.
- Give the Deku King's Pictograph to the Swamp Tourist Center Guide, which can only be taken while as Deku Link. The guide will then give Link a Piece of Heart. This Piece of Heart can also be obtained by presenting a Pictograph of Tingle, at which point the Swamp Tourist Center Guide will reveal, embarrassed, that Tingle is his son. Do either of these after the Heart Piece has been obtained and the man will give Link 100 Rupees.
- In Woodfall, there is a gold-rimmed treasure chest on one of the platforms. Fly to it as Deku Link to find a Piece of Heart. This is easier once the Woodfall Temple has been cleared, as the water is no longer poisoned and there are no enemies present.
- After clearing Woodfall Temple, Koume opens up a mini-game in which she flies around the swamp holding a target. Shoot the target twenty or more times without hitting her five times to receive a Piece of Heart.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Pantano del sur||Southern swamp|
|French||Marais du Sud||Southern Swamp|
|German||Sümpfe des Vergessens||Swamps of Madness|
Majora's Mask 3D
- "Magic Hags' Potion Shop / Preparing for business. / Open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "I was just busy minding my own business, picking mushrooms, when... BAM! I got hit from behind! That pesky Skull Kid!" — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "Ooh! Feel the energy flow! Koume is revived!!! You saved me! I'm the swamp tour guide. I run the boat cruise, so come by if you want a free ride." — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "This is the royal palace of the Deku Kingdom. This is no place for outsiders." — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "Follow this hall straight to the Royal Chamber. Do not enter any other areas whatsoever!" — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "Wha!!! That's my son! Eesh...Is he still doing that sort of thing? Urgh...How humiliating! This guy... He's my son..." — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)